Chapter XIV: Th-COUGH!

Suddenly, Willow started running through tunnels with the Scarlet Paladins on his back. Everyone was excited and ready for a brawl! Timed, with a click of his fingers, summoned some Grimmkins and a radio. He started singing along with it: «I, standing higher, adding fuel to the fire, hear the crowd roar, hear them screaming for more!...» He continued singing while Veronique thought about how Timed’s friend might be. Polpetta covered his ears, irritated by Timed's loud singing. Mono stared into the nothingness, fighting his own inner demons and the questions that plagued his mind: "Why are you doing this? Do you like them? Why aren't you giving up? Is this all worth? Don't you want to die in peace?"
Veronique asked Timed, «What was your brother's name?... Anyways, YOU'RE TOO DAMN LOUD!» Timed, while still singing, replied, «I will teach you fear!... Uh, what? Oh yeah, his name was Grimm» As Mono heard the name, he started to remember his first meeting with Grimm, the Master of the Troupe.
Mono, as the vessel, had walked inside the circus, where everything was dark. Suddenly, scarlet torches lit up, revealing a figure with a cape similar to Timed’s. The figure spoke: «So, it was you who called us...» He coughed so hard that smoke came out of his mouth, then continued with a raspy voice: «So, it was you who called us. Well met, my friend, well met. I'm Grimm, master of this troupe. As the lantern flared, your role was cast, our compact written in scarlet fireeee... Eager we are to see you commence, but first, some illumination is required... Across these lands, my kin now spread, harvesting that peculiar essence to my... Breed, the flame in dream, seek my kin, claim their flame COUGH and return it to me. Together, cough wholesome shall be achieved... But don't fret, small one. For this task, you won't travel alone. My child shall guide you to the flame and gather within itself that burning essence... Like you, the child plays a key role in this task. Only with it by your side will the flame, and the kin r- COUGH COUGH cough ... COUGH COUGH... Reveal THEEEEEE...!» Suddenly, Grimm disappeared, leaving the Grimmchild with the vessel. As the vessel waited, a voice coughed and said: «Go away... I'm done talking.» The vessel walked away.
Timed noticed Mono’s distant look and aske: «Everything okay back there, Mono?» Mono snapped out of his thoughts and nodded. Timed then said: «We’re almost there. The Fallen Castle is just ahead»

To be continued...