LET's GET PERSONAL

INTP edition

Some Words of an INTP

-"Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

-"People interest me, conversations don't"

-"As you can see, I have memorized this utterly useless piece of information long enough to pass a test question. I now intend to forget it forever. You've taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system. Congratulations."

-"Between two evils, I choose the one I've never tried before."

Meanings of Life (different opinions of INTP's)

-"I had a period where I actually tried to figure out the meaning of life. I realized after a bit that there actually wasn't one. You live, then you die. Because of this, the only realistic approach to life is to maximize your live's net happiness. In my opinion this is the only logical conclusion. We are a creation of chance, nothing more."

-"I used to believe personal happiness was the best measure of a life well-lived, but as I get older I've reconsidered. Happiness is cheap. Happiness is easy. The surest, safest way to live happily is to live selfishly and avoid addressing or even acknowledging the problems and hardships of others. The most satisfying things in life often come from deliberately taking the more challenging, frustrating and sad roads. The greatest works of human achievement are not attained by complacent people, stewed in their own happy brain juices pursuing their own ends. How quickly we would all lose what happiness we do have if everybody agreed all at once that it was the ultimate good."

-"For INTPs & INFPs in particular, finding a "purpose in life" presumes finding themselves first"

INTP Puns

-" Teacher: "If you have seven apples and I asked for three, how many would you have left?" Pupil: "Seven."

-"Two communists are sitting on the porch of a nudist colony. One says, "Have you read Marx?" The other says, "Yes, I think it's these wicker chairs." "

-"The only problem with haiku is that you just get started and then — Roger McGough "

-" "I saw a big rat in my cook-stove and when I went for my revolver he ran out."
"Did you shoot him?"
"No. He was out of my range."

-" A neutron walks into a bar and orders a beer. "How much do I owe you?" he says. "For you," says the bartender, "no charge." "

-"A guy is sitting at home when there's a knock at the door. He opens it and there's a snail sitting on the doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later the guy is sitting at home and there's a knock at the door. He opens it and the same snail is sitting on the doorstep. The snail says, "What the hell was that about?""