Chapter Two

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******************

...

Chapter Two

That day after school I had been welcomed into my house with a lesson from my dad.

"You must learn the proper way to shift," he had said,"The process will be very painful!"

I groaned and said," No need! Jared will be with me, I'll be fine."

Dad had sighed and shook his head," you don't know for sure that he's your mate, Emerald."

"he is my mate!"

"all mates look at each other and just know! That hasn't happened with you."

"so we're a little different. Tonight when he shifts, my inner wolf will finally realize that jared is my mate."

"and if you aren't his mate?"

"dad," I said, looking into his brown eyes," I am. I just know it."

After hours of him, attempting to teach me the 'proper stances' and 'comfortable positions', I had enough and begged him to go let me shower.

He heaved a sigh but agreed.

I took a hot shower and made sure to be squeaky clean for tonight.
I picked out a pretty gold dress that was strapless and stopped just above my knees. For shoes, I chose flats of the same color because I couldn't walk with heels. I let my wavy hair down and added a few curls. For makeup, I put on some lip gloss, mascara and gold eyeshadow.
All in all, I thought I looked pretty good.
A sudden text interrupted me from admiring myself.

I searched for my phone and found it on my dresser. The text was from Lisa saying," good luck and text me as soon as you find out."

I put the phone down as when felt something in my insides shift.
A sudden nervousness dropped over me. Fear bubbled inside of my body, and I sat down before I pass out.
What if everyone was right? What if he's not my mate?

I couldn't imagine the pain I'd go through, to watch him walk around with some girl.

I sigh.
I shouldn't be thinking about this. Just a couple of hours ago I was more sure that jared is my mate than the fact that I'm alive!
I quickly deposed any trace on nervousness but it still left a trail. I sigh again and planted my best smile before checking the time.

Only a couple more minutes.

I headed downstairs to grab a cup of water. Mom and dad were sitting at the table, staring worryingly into each others eyes.

"Where's Jason?" I asked.

"what? Oh, he's at a party," mom stuttered.

"would you guys stop?" I snapped," everything will be fine."

"Em, we don't want you to be too sure, sweetheart," mom said," just keep an open mind,"

I nodded," i'll try."

"you remember everything i taught you? In case you'll have to use it tonight?" asked dad.

I rolled my eyes," I remember, and i will have to use them. He's my mate."