Chapter Nineteen

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******************

...

Chapter 19

The drive back home was surprisingly calming after school despite yet another argument from

Lisa and John. I kept thinking of the way Jared had held me as we agreed to be nothing more than friends from now on.

Something inside of me gnawed at my stomach though. Something that kept getting stronger and stronger:

Blade.

Where was he? I didn't see him at school, should we meet up today?

Go for a run.

After all, it is for our wolves, not ourselves.

The other soul in me laughed.

Just for our wolves, yeah right.

I loved being around him and I had to learn to admit it. His calming presence and golden eyes let me down a trail of light whenever I saw them.

I couldn't help but wonder if he felt the same.

It was sad knowing that our relationship only exists because of our connection.

There's no love in it, no...knowledge in each other.

It wasn't like Lisa and John , despite their current rough patch.

Their love for each other was greater than their love for themselves.

Blade and I's relationship consisted of nothing more than a bunch of uncontrollable...stirrings.

I didn't know him enough to love him and i'm pretty sure I didn't like him before I found out we were mates.

He was always known as the son of the traitor, the player and the party guy with no life.

I never thought I'd grow to like his personality.

But that's it.

He was merely another messed up soul who lets it out in anger and sleeping around.

I don't think I could grow to love him because I'm not the one who has feelings for him, my wolf does and it frustrated me.

If it weren't for our wolves, none of this would have happened.

And Jared and I would have been able to be together.

There I go again, with my thoughts of Jared.

I needed a tattoo or something to alway remind me that we can't be together.

We both had mates.

I arrived home ten minutes later and I immediately wished I hadn't.

There sat mom on my favorite black leather couch, legs crossed together as if awaiting my return.

"hello Emerald," she greeted as I dropped my bag.

A weird greeting, too formal as if for a stranger.

Little did I concern myself with the slow transformation of her knowledge of me.

To her, it felt like we're strangers now.