Chapter 25

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 25

Blade's pov

It had to be done. I had to do it.

I kept reminding my self as I ran home, ignoring the angry gnawing of the other soul inside of me.

It was urgent.

Either be with her therefore putting her in danger or let her go.

I chose the one best for her.

It was certain the rouges would attack. Any day actually and some of them already know who my mate is.

They were smart enough to find out and the first thing they'll do to avert my attention from the attack is to kill her just so I wouldn't be as strong and I'll lack any will to carry on.

I couldn't put her in that kind of danger. Not again.

It was hard, no doubt, almost Impossible pretending like I never cared for her.

My whole life I've never cared about somebody as I care for her.

Not even myself.

I hated knowing that I'd jump off a bridge for her, or even take a bullet.

My mind didn't think twice with the answer.

I'll have to pretend that I was mateless. A mateless, shifted alpha, thats a first.

I knew I couldn't stop there with

Emerald though. I had to hurt her enough that she hated me.

She probably already does. But I had to make her loath me in a way that she wouldn't care if I died. That way if I did get hurt in the attack, she wouldn't come after me ,risking herself and putting herself do recklessly in danger.

I tried not to think about how much pain I've caused her. Leaning against the tree, her innocent face looking so vulnerable, so confused. I wanted nothing more than to break down ad for beg for her forgiveness. The hardest part was when she went to give me a kiss. I wanted to, so badly to just grab her face and lay my lips upon hers. Her Emerald eyes lit up like lanterns in the night. They remained blocking my vision, and I saw nothing more than her. It was strange, spending all my life hating girls, using them for nothing more than sleeping around.

I realized how Emerald has changed me in ways I didn't even know.

I also realized how much of a disappointment I would have been to my mother if she was still around. Using women as toys to relieve my anger.

Would she be proud of me to see that I've changed?

I've fallen for a girl that made me see women as so much more.

Proper women, of course and not the ones who want to sleep around like Tracy and Stella.

I sighed as I entered my empty house and took a seat at one of the sofas. My lips were quivering.

I shut my eyes tightly and dreamed of a world where Emerald and I could be together.

Emerald's pov

The weekend went by surprisingly fast which is weird considering the fact I'd spent all my time in my room.