Chapter Three

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******************

****************************

Chapter three

I woke up Saturday morning with dried tears and bags beneath my eyes. Everything felt sore in my body. My muscled ached as I got up and headed to the washroom, desperate to get rid of the junk on my face. When I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror, I gasped, barely able to identify the monster as myself.

She...or I had massive purple bags under each green eye. My face was flushed and pink and my tears had dried and stuck to my face.
My mascara was smudged all around my eyes and all in all, I looked like I've just had my heart broken.

I sigh and washed my face, unable to stand this side of me any longer. I hopped into the shower, making sure to wash all of the dirt off my body. I caught sight of my destroyed golden dress that was thrown into the waste basket.

After drying up, I headed back to my room and checked my phone.

Three missed calls from Lisa.
Four missed calls from John.
Five missed texts from Hanna.
Three missed texts from Jack.
Four missed calls from Jason.
Two missed calls from mom and dad.

Nothing from Jared.

I felt the tears as they escaped the edges of my eyes and fell in streams down my face.

"Emerald! Emerald, are you awake honey?" I heard my mom yell.
But I didn't respond. I couldn't.
My voice was captured by my pain and held captive.
So I remained silent, bringing my knees up to my chest and hugging them.

A couple of minutes later, Dad began to yell," Come on Emerald, we know it hard, but you gotta come out."

"Emmy, you're stronger than this. Come on! You gotta get out," i heard the pained voice of my brother.

And hours passed, but I responded to no one. My phone rung about seven times but I refused to pick up.
Finally, Jason had managed to crawl through my window and bring me some food.

"Hey Emmy," he greeted, his voice soft and gentle, as if afraid to break me some more.
I rolled my eyes and pushed him away, blinking back the tears that were begging to let loose.

"Come on Emmy, you've got to eat."

"Go away Jason," I managed to choke out.

"But I got you a peanut butter and honey sandwich. With lemonade."

But i knew nothing would satisfy the endless paining of my stomach.
Not even lemonade.

And besides, it hurt too much to even think about drinking it. It brought back too many memories.

"I'm not hungry."

"Em, you're so much better than this, you're gonna let some guy do all of this to you?"

I sprang up and looked him dead in the eye," he's not some guy Jason; he was supposed to be my mate. How would you feel if Amanda was suddenly taken from you by someone else?"

That seemed to shut him up because he placed the tray on the table and left my room.

Monday strolled around faster than I would have liked and before I knew it, I was getting into my car, driving to school.