Chapter 28

Read the entire book and book 2 now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/One-Mate-Rejection-Part-ebook/dp/B0CLN43PXK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=19OZ39WZMH5FG&keywords=Nadine+alliye&qid=1700199100&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C61&sr=8-2

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

As Jace drove me to get my car that night, images  of the Blade I imagined flickered in my vision.

His snarling lips, those claw bared teeth, and that evil look in his eyes.

It reminded me of a dream I had a couple of nights ago.

"You okay?" Jace would ask.

"Yup," I'd always say.

The next day was saturday and I awoke to loud noises and and shouting.

"Ugh!" I screamed into my pillow.

I got up, wobbly on my feet and headed towards my washroom, scrubbing my face as an attempt to get rid of the throbbing bags.

"Emerald!" mom screamed from downstairs," Wake up!"

"I'm awake!" I croaked.

"Then get dressed! There's an emergency pack meeting!"

"Perfect," I mumbled, brushing my teeth.

I got dressed in anything clean and stumbled downstairs. The ride to the pack house was long and slow and finally, I escaped the constant air of that miserable car and unleashed into freshness.

"You seem a bit weird today Em," said mom.

"Cause I got throbbing bags and red eyes?" I snapped.

We made our way inside of the already full pack house and I noticed it had more people then usual, at least double.

"What's going on?" I asked dad.

He shrugged," I don't know, I think it's both packs."

We headed to the meeting room where people stood by the stage because there were no more chairs left. We went to look for a spot when the meeting began.

On the stage stood both Alphas, Jared's dad and Blade.

I took a long intake of breath and focused on listening to their talking rather then staring at his face.

I found myself dozing off and just staring at him. Suddenly, I heard sounds of gasps and saw jaws dropping.

"It's unfortunate but very necessary," Jared's father was saying," this partnership I've developed with this pack consists of nothing but safety importance and more information."

So he finally decided to tell them he's been betraying them behind their backs, I thought.

"Rouges are coming in either small groups or alone. They never come in packs," said Blade, taking over,"Their wolves are usually a dirty brown color, and their eyes always turn red when they shift. They've been coming in more recently now. We've already had two attacks reported since last week. Both victims were injured, nothing too bad but the rouges managed to escape. They are coming in weakest first. Their saving  their best fighters for last so the longer it takes to find their leader, the more dangerous it gets."

"For now we suggest you don't leave the area," said Jared's father," Don't take runs too deep into the woods, especially when you're alone. Don't hang out around property lines, that's were their coming from."

Somebody from the crowed raised their hand.

"Yes?" asked Blade.

"How do we know who is a rouge if their in their human form?" asked a tall, thin guy with wobbly glasses.