Tears of Mystery.

With the pantry left with no baking powder, I was now left with no work at all. The maids cook the food,thankfully. We only bake. With no baking left for the day I was led my senses to the garden to find peace there.

"What are doing Aabish?" I asked as he sat in one corner scribbling something in a book.

"I'm sketching" he answered with eyes not attending me.

My views about him have changed so much since we met the first time,he in psst years have never visited much,his stays were short term and he seldom mixed with any kid till now. He yet seeks solitary over company and garden over the hall. His voice is husky so often when he calls my name I'm a bit baffled by a man's voice calling me but he's Aabish,my temporary best friend.

"Can I see?" I touch he book,he snaps my finger with his pencil. "Ouch!" I cried. "Beware, next time I'll stab you!"
He warned.

Tufayl has found company with a group of boys who play football a few miles away, the few left men are indoors,they have brought all manual work from the office they can complete here. My maternal family men are all in the family business so nothing harms their work life if they stay longer here. As for my brother he leaves and returns in short intervals but it tires him. Aabish is the only man to be seen around the garden often "Artist or Designer?" I asked.

"Stereotype or stereotype?" He asked.

"What's your problem,you attract anger at the tip of a talk"
I said punching his arm.

"I hate judgmental sociopaths as for the answer I'm becoming a doctor,pediatrician to be specific" he answered in a loud voice.

"Woah, why pediatrician?"

"Because they cannot judge me like you just did,innocent angelic souls I would only deal with"

"That's why you're always around kids"

"I'm around kids because I like them but why are you around Burhan? You like him"

It snapped me,I was suddenly cold. Why am I scared?

"Huh? I don't understand Aabish? What nonsense!"
I rushed to answer to fill that silence that was piercing in me.

"Relax,I was just fooling around with you. What's the matter with Marwa though,she seems to be smiling all day"
He said pinitng towards Marwa who was strolling and smiling on her own that made me laugh. It looked a little funny.

"Why do you hate her so much!" I laughed

"No! No no,god no! I don't hate her,I don't hate her at all! In fact I would cry oceans on her death! Mahnoor! I don't hate her!" He cried. I laughed to tears,he went on with his empty pointless talks to see me break down at one point.

I left feeling exhausted,he makes me a nuisance.

=.=.=.=.=.\

At about midnight,all the girls were in our room,by this time I've taken my place with Marwa,Mehreen with Masirah.
We have been talking for hours now and the intensity of topics have grown more thick now.

Except for Zara,all the women are here. She is outside all alone. Midnight here is considered too late to be awake,as the deserted mansion gets haunting to assume safe.

I left to the bathroom when I rejoined the topic had changed.
They were talking about Zara,I knew nothing about Zara's life until now. Her life they said was the saddest and most painful.

When I informed them that I knew nothing they trusted me with her story.

Zara was married to the son, an acquaintance of her Father.
Where she first had a blissful and happy year of life. Neither her family nor was she aware that the man she married had without any consent of her has married another woman. She has now no choice but to accept her they said.