Chapter Thirteen

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
― Joan Powers, Pooh's Little Instruction Book

" ― Joan Powers, Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Seth P.O.V

Groaning in bed, I rolled over onto my stomach, stretching out my limbs. I'd had a particularly good dream and I wasn't quite ready to give up on it, but the sun was persistent on waking me up. Sighing, I heaved myself up, heading straight for the shower after glancing at the digital clock by my bed, shining '11:15' brightly at me.

After a long cold shower, I felt more refreshed and ready for the day. I didn't have much planned but the grumbling in my belly told me my first destination needed to be the kitchen. Grabbing my phone and shoving it into my pocket, I made my way down stairs and into the kitchen, where my dad was sitting drinking a coffee.

"Morning son" he muttered, not even glancing up from the papers strewn in front of him. More paper work I would guess.

"Morning dad. You ever gonna take a break?" I ask, making my way to the cupboard to pull out a box of cereal and a bowl. As I poured some out and put it away, my dad chuckled at me, seeming amused by my question. I roll my eyes at the workaholic and open the fridge to grab the milk, adding some to my bowl before putting the milk back. Sitting down beside him, I shove a spoonful into my mouth, chewing the crunchy cereal.

"Son, some day you'll be in this position. It might not look much, but it'll be worth every boring piece of paper you have to sign or approve." He tells me, a sly smirk across his face. Swallowing down what was in my mouth I look up at him.

"Yeh yeh, I know, I have great responsibility as a future leader and with choices comes consequences, blah blah blah. I know the whole spiel off by heart now father." I smirk at him, knowing he probably wont be impressed.

"That may be, but you seem to have to learn it still" he mused before returning back to his paper.

Before I could snipe back, my phone began playing a tune from an anime I had watched not too long ago. I had set one of the theme songs as my ring tone for Willow as the anime kind of made me think of her, she would enjoy watching it. I'd introduce it to her soon, knowing she'd probably love it.

Shaking out of thought, I pull out my phone as my dad raises a brow at the tune ringing around the room. I just shake my head at him and answering the call. It wasn't like her to phone normally, even less so at this time on a weekend.

"Hello Panda, What can I do for ya?" I greet cheerily down the phone, ignoring my fathers sly grin

"Hello, Am I speaking to Seth?" An authoritative voice comes through the speaker, making me sit straight. Who was this on Willow's phone?

"Yes, can I ask who this is?"

"I'm officer Smith, with the police department, Do you know a Willow Nighting-Gale?" I felt my breath catch and my heart stop momentarily. There was very few reasons why the police would go through some ones phone and call people, and none of them were good.