Chapter ThirtySix

"This is why dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does, and sometimes they consume us completely."
― Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

WARNING: Without spoiling anything, there is some serious topics mentioned yet again. So proceed with some caution.

Seth P.O.V

Stepping in through the waiting room doors, my eyes sweep over the few people sitting around, looking either bored or with worried expressions. But no Zack. No Grey. No one I recognised was here. My heart pounded in my chest as I double checked before turning back to the corridor, looking down one way then the other, but only seeing nurses and men and woman dressed professionally.

Where was everyone? Had something happened with Willow? I pulled out my phone, flicking through the recent notifications, but none that pertained to Willow or her current condition.

"Excuse me sir, do you need any help?" Turning to the small voice beside me, a small, blond nurse was looking up at me with a worried expression.

"Er, yeh. There was some people here waiting for Willow Nighting-Gale, but I can't find them."

"Oh! I'll go check see what her status is-"

"Hey dude!" A shout interrupted the small nurse, both of us looking back at Zack hurrying towards us with Grey not far behind him, arms full of cups and snacks. Glancing at the nurse I apologise and thank her for her help before meeting Zack a little ways down the corridor. He was panting a little as Grey stepped up beside him with a huff, handing me one of the cups before offering one to Zack.

"We needed to grab something to drink and knew you would be back soon so grabbed you a drink. Nate should be in there already." Grey explained and Zack sipped out his cup. Shaking my head, I glance about.

"No, he's not in there."

"Really? I don't know where he is then. We were gone only five minutes" Grey glanced around almost nervously.

"Really. Come on, lets go wait inside, Cole and Jasper should be back soon." They followed me back into the waiting room, taking our seats. The room was silent except from small murmurs between the few other occupants. I tried to busy myself by taking a sip of my drink – a cheap tasting coffee and looking down at the bag in my hands.

I had gotten home in record time, racing up the stairs– ignoring my fathers shouts for an update on what was happening, stripping the moment I was shut in my room and taking the quickest shower of my life. I had scrubbed myself raw before quickly dressing and rushing around my room with a bag, collecting things I thought Willow would need or would like once she woke up. Like fresh, warm cosy clothes and jammies. Her favourite blanket and teddy that heats up, fluffy socks, a few of her books, her phone and a charger and her tablet. I had then rushed down to the kitchen to stuff in a few snacks and some flavoured water for her. I had no idea how long she would be in here, but I figured this would be enough for now, I could always ask someone else to bring more if she needed it.