Chapter ThirtyThree

"What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy."
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Seth P.O.V

With a sigh I hung up, smiling as my screen saver flashed at me for a moment. It was a picture of Willow I had taken. She had been trying to hide her little blush and she looked the definition of innocence.

Shoving my phone back into my pocket I returned to Coles garage, eyes landing on my project. I was so close to being done I could taste it.

"Everything ok?" Cole's voice drew my attention, looking to see him leaning against the back wall with his arms folded over his chest.

"Yeh, just some silly question about her birthing plan." I crouched down to the ground, peering over my selection of tools.

"I still can't get my head round it. And if I'm honest, I'm extremely surprised."

I looked up as he sat on the floor beside me.

"About?"

"Well, you. No offence man, but, I thought you'd never settle with one girl, let alone one in her, condition, and with someone else's child. You're usually the first person to go all guns a blazing. I'm surprised that the bastards aren't already six feet under or in some river."

I snorted, turning back to my work and staying silent for a moment.

"I never thought I would either. In fact, I was more than content on staying single and fucking my way round. That first day I met Willow though, when she was paired with me. She seemed so against being the one to do it. Then when she was showing me around we ran into the fucker, and at the time, I just thought he was some douche bag boyfriend – not a psycho abusive cunt. That day, I done my usual, flirting, teasing, the whole thing. And she wasn't even the slightest bit interested. She was more focused on getting away from me."

"I'm more than positive you saw that as a challenge though."

I scoffed, sending Cole a small glare.

"Of course I did. She intrigued me. That first week, I learnt a lot. She was smart, shy and quiet. She acted strange around people, she had social anxiety and seemed to only talk to Faith and Alley. But she always tensed up around him. I didn't think much of it at the time though. She avoided me like the plague, and I assumed it was cause Alley didn't like me around her. I never imagined she was hiding other things..." my shoulders slumped as I paused what I was doing, looking down into my lap.