Heartbreak.

They lowered her body into the dugged out hole. A grace, the resting place of Hayden. Parker stared as They lowered her down into the dark, dirt filled abyss of nothing. The preacher blessed her body, but Parker didn't listen, nor cared. He felt it was his fault, he had invited her. But they were late, some drunk dumbass drove fifteen in a thirty. If they had been there mere seconds, they might have heard her scream. Rushed to her aid. Her aunt wouldn't have come to find her store in ruins, the one block she had run, was the run to her death. She was the smile in his day. Someone killed her to get to him. He was highly upset.

Across from where he payed his respects, Deedee glared at him. He felt uncomfortable, that she knew he blamed himself, and in a sinister way, she did too.

He drove home in silence, and he felt sick. He needed sleep. He had no sleep the previous night. After he got the call after three that morning. He had a case of heartbreak. And it was impossible not to drink himself to death. Maybe even overdose in pulls, the choice was his.

As he pulled in the driveway, he noticed something written on the wall, beside the door.

SECRETS KILL!

Written in perfect order on the wall. His heart skipped a beat. He decided the pills were what he wanted. He was going to numb the pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She couldn't believe she told Maddie to leave. She was so harsh, and all she was trying to do was Be a good friend. A knock on the door turns her attention to Trenton. She hadn't seen him since Troys funeral. The day she saw Mr. Harris". How could she tell him what she did to Maddie.

"Hey. How are you feeling"? He pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. "I bought you a 'get well' gift. Orchids to make you feel better". He leans down and gives her a hug.

"Thank you. But you didn't have to". She embraces his hug, and takes a smell of the flowers. They smelled pure, lovely even. "They smell wonderful".

He smiled, and she felt the warmth of friendship he offered. She had to apologize to Maddie.

"When you see Maddie, will you tell her I need to talk her". He gladly agrees, and they talked.

And for the forty five minutes they used talking, it felt normal. It felt right.

She hoped things would look up.