Survaliance.

Detective Kress arrived at Nina's early the next day. A knock awoke her just shy of eleven in the morning. And she went to the front door, peering out to see a gorgeous man in a detective outfit.

"Mrs Cortez! detective Kress with the twenty four hour survaliance watch". She opens the door.

"Hi Kress, I'm Nina". She greets him in.

"I just want to confirm some things with you. We will have six cameras set up outside, And I'll be in my car at all tines". He hands her a walkie-talkie, and has it set to a set frequency. "Never keep it off this frequency". He smiles.

"You got it". She smiles back. Soon after he is at work setting the cameras up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maddie sat at home, the morning light was streaming through all the windows of her house. And she sat at the kitchen island, staring at a bland lovey dovey romance movie.

As she sat there, the sound of the back patio doors open, And then close. She looks and hears nothing.

"Hello? Mom"? There's nothing. And she grabs a knife from the holder by the microwave. She slowly creeps down the hall, peeking both ways in rooms, as she passes them. She gets to the patio doors, and so far nothing. She believes it might have been her imagination. She flips the deadbolt, and walks back to the kitchen.

Placing the knife back in the holder, and goes back to watching the movie. In the background, a heinous figure passes by without her knowledge.

A loud banging draws her attention to where the figure had last pass. She gets up in surprise, throwing the stool onto the floor. She sees a open door, the wind clattering against the wall. She goes to it, shutting It, and flipping the lock. She looks back to see nothing.

She lets out a breath. "Let it be, Maddie. Let it be". As she starts to walk toward the kitchen again, a masked figure lunges from behind a opened door, blade slicing her arm and hitting the wall, puncturing It.

She screams, holding her arm, and runs down the hall to the back patio doors. She tries to open them, after flipping the lock. But a shovel is lodged against the handles. She looks back as the figure rounds the corner of the hall. She screams again.

She grabs a metal animal figurine, and throws it through one of the glass window panels, reaching through, and un-lodging the shovel. She opens the door, sprinint out, screaming.

The figure watches, and swiftly disappears within the house.