11

It's been 2 hours since I've finally been pronounced as Devon's wife

It's been 2 hours since I've finally been pronounced as Devon's wife. I was on my way to change my dress into a more subtle one so I can at least walk and greet the guests comfortably. First I had a mini photo shoot with my family and Devon's family with the main dress just to capture the moments and then took some photos only with my husband. The photographer was not shy about asking us to pose in certain ways.

After the shoot was done, Devon escorted me to the dressing room so I could change my dress. I stepped into the room and he followed me inside. I took the veil off carefully.

"Do you need help?" He asked.

I flushed in embarrassment forgetting that I was wearing a very heavy dress and obviously would need help to get out of it and wear the other one. I nodded my head yes and he got closer to me. We were face to face his breath fanning over my face.

"I promise I won't look" he said and I smiled.

His hands found their way to the zipper of the dress and he started pulling it down slowly exposing my back. I started worrying that the dress would fall off my body as it was not supported over my shoulder the only thing holding it was how it was zipped tightly to my chest now if it loses that it would fall and expose my front.

Devon pulled the zipper down to my lower back and then he gripped the top part of the dress to hold it from falling and exposing my body. I wanted to know what he was thinking about this minute. Because my mind was going places.

"Can you close your eyes or turn around so I can change?".

"Of course, darling".

I held my dress so he would let go and then he turned around and faced the wall. I kicked my heels off and let the dress fall down when it hit the ground it made a loud thud. I walked over to where my second dress was and as I walked, I saw reflection of my body. I felt a bit insecure.

"This silence is tempting me to look over my shoulder" Devon suddenly spoke making my spine shiver.

"Trust me there is nothing interesting, you have been with a lot of beautiful models I'm not better than them" I said as I put on my dress.

"Darling" he sighed.

"Hmmm?".

"You are the most beautiful woman I have laid my eyes on, so stop downgrading your beauty".

My heart was literally beating in my throat. Did he just say I'm the most beautiful woman?

"Are you saying this because I'm your lawfully wedded wife and you want me to feel better about myself?"

"No, I am saying this because it is reality".

I slid my hand into the sleeves and all that was left is the zipper. "Can you help me with the zipper please?".

He cleared his throat as he turned around finally looking at me. His eyes twinkled underneath the strong lightening of the room he stood behind me and pulled the zipper up i looked over my shoulder and muttered a thank you and that's when I felt his soft lips on the back of my neck.