39

As I get up from my seat I almost lose my balance looking for my phone

As I get up from my seat I almost lose my balance looking for my phone. Jack immediately calls the valet attendant to bring his car. I finally find my phone thrown on the couch, I had multiple missed calls from unknown numbers.

Jack suddenly yells "I swear to God if you don't tell me right now where the police took her body I'll kill you with my bare hands !"

Who's he talking to?

I convince myself that she is okay and that she is at the hospital and everything is fine. "What do you mean you don't know? You'll find out right now!".

It's happening all over again, I'm that 12 year old boy again holding his mom's head on his lap begging the police men to not take her body from me. Why would they do that again? Where did they take her?

Jack is still yelling and the phone now is on speaker "Can you at least tell me if she is" I look at Jack my eyes begging him not to continue that sentence, he swallows hard his adam's apple popping "Is she dead?"

The person on the phone answers "Unfortunately Mr. Enderson, I don't have that information at the moment, the first responders including the people who found her are all at the police station being interrogated so I'm unable to find out if she was alive when was found and we are yet to know if she is dead and at the police station or alive at the hospital,"

Jack rubs his face and asks "How is it that we learn all of this from the news? Why wasn't her husband informed beforehand?"

"To my knowledge she had no identifications on her, no ID and her phone is also missing, what I know so far is that she was caught on surveillance arriving at the cemetery at two forty pm and she was found at six pm, the police informed the media about the incident in order to identify her and then they found out about the

It took almost 4 hours for her to get help.

"But then came the surveillance footage and they were able to confirm that the Mercedes Benz parked was her car, she was identified through her car's plate which are registered under her father's name so it took a while to identify her and the information was leaked to the media before they were able to reach Mr. Enderson"

I grip the desk's edge behind me to maintain my composure. What was she doing there in the first place?

"Don't worry Mr. Enderson, I'll be making some calls right now and confirm where she was taken and I'll text you the address immediately,"

"Thank you," Jack says before hanging up, he comes to me and places a hand over my shoulder patting "I'll be driving you to the location you can't drive not in this state, get your stuff we are leaving,"