Chapter 36

Kind of A filler chapter my apoligies in advance

Braxtons POV 

Sitting in the belly of the darkish C-17 Globemaster I read some of Ash's recent letters. David was sitting next to me asleep and it was 11:35 pm, somewhere over the atlantic ocean.

It was a long flight to the Baghdad airport, and I should have been taking Davids silent advice on sleeping.  All 30 of us Marines were being stationed at the Victory Base complex right outside of the Baghdad airport. Still unsure of what our jobs would be and if we would actually stay there for a year at VBC.

I grabbed a sheet of paper out of my backpack and started a new letter to Ash.

Ashley,

Were getting closer and closer to Baghdad, you can write me at the Victory Base Complex but I still am unsire of what of the smaller bases ill be at within the VBC. I miss you lots and i'm proud over your confidence "Climb". 

Your DI English is a good friend of your brothers though I have personally never met her. I love you Ash and I cant wait to see you again.

-To another good year, Braxton

It was short but my eyes were begining to droop. I folded up the letter and stuck it back in my backpack and I was out pretty quickly as I fell asleep to the hum of the huge planes engine.

----Six hours Later----

I felt someone poking my arm.

"Brax wake the heck up!" The poker said to me.

I groggily opened my eyes after being asleep in the sitting position. Davids face came into view.

"Were about to land." He said.

"Great." I said back to him as I desperatly wanted to go back to sleep.

I got up and stretched my bunched muscles as I saw a few other guys do the same.  I knew a few of them from back at the base.

Lance Corporal Robert Francias --played by James Madio

Sergeant Alex Mcgill--played by Mark Consuelos 

Staff Sergeant Luther King--played by Sam Worthington

and Sergeant Major Micheal Cruz.--played by Chris Evans

Cruz was one of the few of my buddies from my first deployment to Fallujah. The 30 of us were not staying together once we landed but I knew Cruz, Daniels, King, Mcgill and Francias were going whereever I was going because I was incharge of them. 

"Fisch you ready to take care of some shit with me?" Cruz shouted from across the cargo in the walkway of the plane.

I grinned, "Always ready Cruzzy." 

He was about 6'4, blonde short, cropped hair and was very solid. An unfortunate experience when wrestling the guy in training. 

"Hey Braxton!" I think it was Mcgill.

"Long time no see, whats been happinin?" 

"I got married does that count?" He said flashing his wedding ring to me.

I chuckled," I feel sorry for that poor girl Gill." 

He flipped me off and I laughed at him.

Mcgill was hispanic about 5'9 and very very muscular, a good friend of mine from my time spent as a temporary DI at Ash's basic training. 

After saying a quick hello to the other guys I felt the plane touch down on the runway. Picking up my rucksack in one hand and my back pack on my back I signaled for the other guys to do the same.  When the plane came to a halt the ramp of the back opened and we were all greeted by the warmth of Iraq, just as me and Cruz had remembered.

I was pretty sure none of the other guys that were under my command had been to Iraq, newbies. 

A few of the other guys on the plane began to unload the 2 humvees that we had brought from the states and some of the other tactical gear we needed for the base and otherthings like letters for people at VBC. 

"Hey Fisch, you hear they got a Mickey D's at VBC?" Mcgill shouted behind me as we exited the plane feeling the sheer heat of the Iraqi sun.

"Well then your treatin' ", I said looking back at him a grin on my face.

"Whatever you say Bro whatever you say." 

A convoy came and picked us up and drove us to VBC. Civilans watched us go by, some gave us dirty looks but others gave us looks of hope, something that we could help with. One of the may reasons of me becoming a Marine,

VBC was located on a body of water near the airport, 10 bases within were for different purposes but I was pretty sure we were going to Camp Victory for our orders. Pulling up to the gates at Camp Victory the driver of our Humvee motioned for me to get out and the other guys to stay inside the vehicle. 

---20 Mintes Later----

I headed back out to the Humvee a grim expression on my face as I got back in the humvee giving our orders to the driver.

"Bro whats up?" Mcgill asked me from the backseat.

"Well Gill we are not going to Mcdonalds."

He laughed,"okay then what are we going to do?"

I paused unsire of how to break the new to them.

"They dont need us here at VBC." 

The guys gave me a hopeful look.

"Were going to Camp Fallujah."

--------------------------------------------------------------

What did Yall think? And if yall dont rememebr Fallujah is where Braxton was last deployed and it didnt go so well......