Chapter 43

4 a.m

"Everybody up!!!!" A DI screamed outside blowing a fog horn as they walked around screaming.

Within seconds I had jumped out of bed and begin flying around the room packing my gear back into my backpack. After waking up like this I didnt feel tired at all because of the fact that I was packing as fast a humaly possible, sleep dosent quite over take you for another 20 minutes. 

"Recruits wy are you wasting my TIME?!" Another DI said peering into our space.

Me and my roomamte popped to attention as they looked in, "No excuse Sir!"

He left and I finished packing and put on my really heavy backpack and picked up my M16. 

We jogged outside to do reville and nearly made it. English gave us quite the look.

The Reville tune played and I savored the few moments of stillness, it was almost as good as sleeping. Almost.

5:34 a.m

Event Four Battle of Fallujah

Similar to the day before we went through a resupply course, we got todays MRE's, and resuppled up on water. 

The course was very similar to yesterdays and our platoon completed it with ease. 

"Alright fix your weapons with bayonets. For the bayonet assualt course!" English shouted at us.

I dug through my backpack as quickly as possible to retrieve my bayonet attachment and when I found it I attached it to my weapon. 

The bayonet assualt course was basically just rubber material dummies strung up along a course that we had to go "kill" to complete the course. And it was still dark outside.

Like yesterday our platoon had splitten up into smaller groups to take on different stations at different times. We had six people and Robinson was in it.

"GO GO GO!" English shouted at us, signaling the start of the dummy verse bayonet war.

I took off from the strating area and into the woods, stabbing at my first dummy. 

Three strikes in three ocations was the key and I quickly did that with my first dummy.

I remembered some words English gave me before the course. 

She had told me with the dummy course there was a ravine on one side of the course and falling could be dangerous, so keep away from the far left side. 

It was dark and my juding skills of distance, the far left side, left me cautious becaise I wasnt sure where the ravine was. 

I attacked the second dummy and was rushing forward towads the third. When I felt a crack and I was tumbling towards the ground trying to keep my bayonet from stabbing me.

I felt the dirt and I was suddenly rolling and rolling. I let go of my weapon and no sooner had I started rolling I stopped. At the bottom of the ravine.

Considering the fact that it was dark nobody had probably seen me roll down here so I was on my own getting out. 

My entire left foot and ankle was throbbing, the pain was absolutly sickening. I knew I would have to suck it up or English would drop me for medical reasons, which was not okay. 

I began to climb out of the ravine grabbing at random roots sticking out of the side and slowly but surely hoisted myself back up and over the side.

I picked up my weapon and oce again began running towards the final few dummies. 

My ankle was screaming in pain and running only aggrevaited the situation. I would not let myselfbe dropped already on day two of the Crucible.