CHAP.17: Police Station

"Please stop it...leave me alone!" I backed away into small section at the bottom of the stairs, clutching onto a stick. I saw Steve and Adam laugh in front of me.

  "Oh come on, Grace. Don't be like that." Adam coos in a fake manner. "We just want to have fun together." 

  "Yeah Grace. Don't be such a debbie downer." Steve adds, getting closer. I wave the stick around, making them back up a bit. They keep laughing. 

  "Stay away from me!" I scream. Their laughter echo's around and hurts my ears. I flinch as Steve suddenly takes a hold of the end of the stick and rips it away from me. I gasp and jerk forward, falling. I groan in pain and they laugh. I was suddenly hauled up and slammed into the stairs. I whimpered, closing my eyes. 

  "I told you Grace." I hear Steve say. I open my eyes to see he blue ones. "We just want to have fun together." 

  I wake up in a cold sweat, sitting up quickly. I back up into the wall, hitting my back a bit and look around wildly while breathing heavily. I feel tears fall down my face and I don't even go to wipe them away. Were was I? Why was I in this bed? I look around some more before finally realizing I was at the skyscraper. I wasn't back at home. They were dead. They weren't coming after me. I was safe. I was safe. I continue to cry and curl into myself, pulling up my knees to my chest and burying my face into my arms. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to will away all the terrible memories of them. 

  As I sit there crying, I here my door open. I look up to see Jerome in the doorway. He looked at me with a raised brow. I cry harder and look away from him by burying my head into my arms once more. 

  "Go away, Jerome." I whisper. I hear him take a step and I whip my head up, snarling and growling. 

  "I SAID GO AWAY!" I scream at him. He stops, not flinching in the slightest. I stare at him before breaking down, curling into myself once more, feeling hot tears pour down my cheeks. I hear Jerome come up to me and climb up on my bed and take me into his arms. I bury my face into his shoulder and he rubs my back slowly while hugging me with his other arm. 

  "What happened?" He asked. I stayed quiet for a moment, trying to stop myself from crying. I sniffled. 

  "Just a bad dream about my brothers." I whisper. I feel him nod. 

  "Ah." He says. He sighs and holds me tighter. 

  After awhile, I started to calm down to a point I could breathe normally again. I sigh and wipe my eyes. I sit up a bit but not to much where Jerome couldn't hold me. I look up at him and he looks down at me. 

  "Better?" He says. I nod. 

  "Yeah. I croak. I then smile sadly. "Thanks." He pats my back and kisses the top of my head. 

                                                           |TIME SKIP|

  Theo had another plan. A really big one. Our opening was over with. We now really had to get into our MANIAX thing. I was giddy with excitement. He explained to us that we were going to go into the police station and cause some...havoc. I honestly didn't know how we were going to get in without getting shot at at first but then he showed us four police uniforms he "stole" from the police department. I jumped like fifty feet in the air because of that. Although it died down a bit when I realized he didn't get a women's uniform for me. That means, I had to wear an over sized suit to the police station. Great. 

  But, our plan continued and Barbra even got to join this time. We needed to get Jim out of the building for some reason. I wouldn't mind giving a little hello to him for trying to stop the whole bus situation. Theo said no and I cursed at him behind his back. I guess I had to make some sacrifices to make it I wanted this to succeed. We were supposed to cause chaos and make some sort of sign by breaking into the police station. We were supposed to record everything that we did to show to all of Gotham just how much their police could save them. I couldn't wait. We were going to do it today and we were already getting ready. Although, other things were on my mind other than that.