CHAP.49: Lunchtime

Six weeks. It had been six weeks with Limpy in Arkham. And he had done nothing. I really hadn't expected that. From what I heard of him, he was good at causing chaos. He was a gangster after all. I think. But from the stories I assumed he would do at least something. But no. He just stayed quiet. Stayed out of people's way. Did everything he could to stay out of trouble. It was annoying.

  The both of us were look at Limpy, or what Jerome liked to call him, Pengy, on the other side of the common room sitting by himself. An inmate had wandered over to him and began to poke at Limpy but he did nothing to stop him, just staring off into space. I squint my eyes at him and tilt my head. 

  "I just don't get it." I think out loud. Jerome makes a sound in the back of his throat. 

  "Whata mean?" He says turning his head to me. I look to him and motion to Limpy sitting there like a lump. 

  "He's not doing anything. It is so...so...ugh what's the word?" I say, breathing out. 

  "Boring?" Jerome suggests. I nod my head, looking across the room. 

  "Yeah! It's soooo boring!" I growl. Jerome chuckles next to me, turning the same way I was. He sighs.

  "I understand ya Grey. After awhile boring starts to nag at ya." He agrees. I lean back on the table I was sitting at, placing my elbows on the edge. 

  "And we both know how we react to naggers." I tell him. Jerome smiles at me. I give one back. We both turn back to Limpy who was now ignoring an inmate jumping around in front of his face, trying to get his attention. It wasn't working. Limpy just sat there staring into nothing. I click my tongue. Jerome sighs next to me. 

  "I think we need to do something about that." Jerome says lowly next to me with a laugh. I look to him with a twisted smile. I nod. 

  "I think we do too." I tell him. He returned my smile with his own, red lips stretch out into his marveloussmile. 

                           |TIME SKIP|

  Later that day, I was sitting in my room. Thinking of course. About...well, everything. How I came here. What I had to do. What I have gone through. And I had to say, it had been quiet a ride. So many fun times. So many sad times. Life tends to do that to ya. Up and down like a roller coaster. Made life interesting to say the least. Surprises always just jumped from around the corner. 

  The most biggest surprises most recently was Jerome coming back from the dead. And me having a sister. I thought about how she was doing. Wondered if she was thinking of me. I hoped so. Because I was thinking of her. Ooooh was I thinking of her. She was gonna be the very first person for me to visit as soon as I got out of this place. I could imagine her face. Although, it seemed that whole teenage "I don't care" face seemed to be permanently drawn onto her features. 

  What would I do to her? I had made a pact to myself to drive her crazy if I got the chance. Maybe I could find our mother and torture her in front of her. That would be fun. But..too much work. That would mean I had to go outside of Gotham. Yeah couldn't do that. Jerome and I had plans. Couldn't drive away from that. I had to think of something else. 

  Maybe torture Bruce in front of Selina? That would be good. Hmmm. Just something that had to do with torture really. 

  I sigh and flop down onto my bed, placing my hands behind my back. I look up to the ceiling. The ceiling used to be a bland white but with all the colors I had painted it now had splotches of red, blue, pink, and purple. I had drawn smily faces, knives, cannons, balloons, etc. I hated bland things. And what I found bland was the fact I hadn't gotten to Selina yet.