CHAP.70: Rooftop

When I hopped off the stage and into the crowd of now screaming, running, and idiotic people, I looked around for Jerome in panic. The last time I saw him, he had saved me from the bullet Jim sent my way and was running off the stage. That was about a minute ago. Someone could get far within a minute. I just needed to see where that was. 

  I pushed through countless people, shoving to get a clear view. Some police officers tried to stop me but I easily got them down. I couldn't deal with them right now. I had bigger things at steak. I needed to find Jerome quick. We needed to get the hell out of here if we could. I was not going back to Arkham. I would kill anyone I had to to make that happen. Including, stupid Gotham citizens that kept bumping into me.

  I growled out as I pushed yet another person out of my way. What was with these people? A little gun fire and they all start screaming. A bunch of puss-

   I spotted Jerome. I saw him running towards an alleyway, holding onto his shoulder. He disappeared a second later but it was enough to tell me where he was heading. Only problem was, Jim saw him too. I saw him running after him and I yelled out. I needed to get to him. Now. Like, right now! But all these people where in my way!

  "Look up in the sky!" I hear someone scream. I stop and look up. The blimp was hovering over the crowd. That meant they we're getting in position. That meant I was even in more shit if the laughing gas dropped while I was in the crowd. That gave me even more reason to get the hell out of here. Why where their so many goddamn people!

  I knocked someone on the head with the butt of my gun and breathed out as I pushed past the last of the people. I looked up and saw the alleyway up ahead. Jerome was there. He was probably making his way to the top of the buildings. Jim was with him. I needed to stop him. I narrowed my eyes, ready to run there but was harshly stopped when someone hit me in the back of the head. Hard. 

  Falling down for at least the fifth time today, I hit the ground and grunt as the road connects to my side. I groan and then hear the click of a gun above me. I look up to see a police officer standing there, his jaw set. I raise a brow and he jerks the gun at me. He nods. 

  "Stay down scumbag." He says then pulls out a pair of handcuffs. "Your coming with me." I roll my eyes but he holds the gun closer to my head. I growl. He was wasting my time. I needed to get out of here not be stopped by some police officer who looked like he could be 12. 

  "Oh man, I am going to get such a raise for bringing you in." He says more to himself then to me. He starts to fumble for his radio and I narrow my eyes. As I slowly go for my gun, someone suddenly bashed the officer on the head with what looked like a brick. I raise a brow as the man goes cross eyed then slowly falls to the ground. But when I see who smashed him on the head, my jaw drops and I freeze. 

  "Mark?" I yell. 

  Mark laughed and then extended a hand out to me. I took it and he helped me up. I look at him in complete and utter surprise. He lifts his hands up and grins.

  "Hey Miss Sky." He greets. I continue to stare at him for a second or two before I shake my head. 

  "What are you doing here?" I ask, looking him over. He looked exactly the same. Same messy hair, same meathead, same huge arms that looked like they could break a bus in half. And the same stupid grin. He laughs. 

  "When I heard you and Jerome broke out of Arkham, I knew I had to help you again. Only problem was I couldn't find you. But when I saw you both on TV, I came here as soon I could. Looks like you did need my help after all." He explained and I listened intently, still amazed at his timing. I breathe out and nod. I then hit his shoulder which ended up hurting my hand more than it probably hurt him.