CHAP.25: Break In

I was released from solitary confinement the next day and they sent me to my room. Once being shoved in there I cracked my neck and stretched. I looked around. It was horribly dull it made my eyes hurt. 

  "God, I actually lived here for a year?" I mutter and shake my head. "Guess I was loosing my taste as well. I sigh, walking over to my bed and jump onto it, lying down. I cross my leg over my other and start to kick it around while humming gently to myself. I touched my hair. Still frizzy as every, although it was a bit more curlier from how much it had grown then been cut off. It now settled at my mid back.

  I had a black eye from where the guard hit me yesterday. I was thinking about ways to pay him back for that.

  I missed this, just thinking. I never knew I could miss thinking. Thinking seemed to be a thing everyone took for granted, including myself. I sighed and closed my eyes. Yep, I definitely missed this. 

                                |TIME SKIP|

  Later I was doing some yoga to pass time, stretching out my leg in front of me with the other balancing me from behind. I held out my hands, tilting my head back with my eyes closed. I raise my arms above my head and roll my head, hearing a crack. God I was stiff. Probably happens when you don't move on your own for months at a time. 

  While doing this, the door to my room (more like cell), opened and I turned to see two guards. I smile wide at him, narrowing my eyes. I wave at them.

  "Hello boys." I greet. They look at each other. I then motion to my face. "Which one of your friends hit me yesterday? I would looovveee to pay them a visit." The guards don't respond, simply taking me by the arms and lifting me from the ground and out the door. I sigh, whistling as we walked and looking around. 

  "Do either of you ever get bored being in this place all the time? I know I sure do. It's sooooo bland! Blah, it even leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yuck." I say with a chuckle. They stay quiet. 

  "Silent treatment, huh?" I ask then laugh. We continue to walk and I try to skip but fail. I pout at that. 

  We come up to a door and I read the name on the front. I smile. The guard knocks on the door.

  "Come in!" A women's voice calls out. The guard opens the door and I walk in with a smile on my face. The women's face was looking down at paperwork as the guards tried to lead me to my seat. I rip away from their grasp and give them a death glare. They back away before walking out and closing the door. The women then sighed. 

  "How are you doing today, Grace?" She asked and looked up at the chair I was supposed to be sitting in. She knit her brow and I placed my hands behind my back.

  "Oh I feel great." I say and she snaps her head towards me, her eyes wide. 

  "Oh my, Grace! You are talking! And moving on your own! I had heard of the disruption in the lunch room yesterday but I never imagined-

  "Yeah that's fun and all, but I have a question." I say. She stops and I walk forward, my smile gone. I clear my throat and sit in the chair before her, crossing my legs and looking at my nails. 

  "Since I am now talking and moving as you said," I began and looked up at her. Her gaze was directly on me. I give a small smile then continue.

  "Doesn't this count as some sort of breakthrough? I can function on my own once again. That means whatever was "blocking" my mind is gone, right? I might even go as far to say that I am sane again." I tell her. I hold back the fact I was never sane to begin with. She stares at me and blinks for a moment before I wave a hand in front of her face.