CHAP.37: Circus (Part 1)

Jerome and I hopped in the van as our men shoved Bruce into the back seat, tied his hands and put a large white bag over his face. I grinned. I turned to Jerome who was starting the engine. He looks to me. I chuckle.

  "This...is gonna be fun." 

                                  |TIME SKIP|

  We arrived at the edge of the city in no time and the circus lights shined bright in the distance. I could hear the laughter and screams from here. It was thrilling. I take Jerome's hand into mine and he runs a finger over the top of my hand. 

  We finally come to the circus and parked, jumping out of the van as our men pulled Bruce out. I smirked. I couldn't wait for this little brat to die. It would be the absolute highlight of my week. Well, besides the obvious. I skipped up to Jerome and he wrapped an arm around my waist firmly, and lifted his hand out to the circus. 

  "This is our night, Grey." He says, motioning around us. "This is all for us. And you." I smile at him and peck him on the cheek which then turns to Jerome kissing me hard on my lips and leaning me down with his hand in the small of my back. I giggle.

  "God that will never get old." I sigh. He taps my nose. 

  "You betcha." He says. I then see the side of his face. A stable had come out. I point to it and he sighs, pointing to one of his men and he hands him a stabler. He holds us the part of flesh that was hanging and stabled it back on. He groaned and then handed the stabler back to the man. He puts out his hands. 

  "Does it look good?" He asks. I nod. 

  "You always look good, Jerome." 

  We continue to walk and once far enough into the circus Jerome lets Bruce walk in front of us. He then snaps his fingers at one of our men. He whips the bag off his head and Bruce puts a hand in front of his eyes to shield himself from the blinding lights of the circus. 

  Jerome and I separate, me walking around Bruce on one side and him on the other. We smirk as Bruce takes in the chaos and destruction. He looked around in horror as men and women of all sizes got either shot, hit, or stabbed. I looked at a game of whack a dummy. I laugh.

  "Get em'." I say. 

  "Squash her." Jerome says. 

  "Get the old lady." 

  "The fat guy. Put you back into it!" The guy finally hit one over the head and blood spurted out all over him. I smile and turn to Bruce. He had a look of pure horror on his face. I lean towards him. 

  "Ya wanted to live so you come here. How are you liking it so far?" I hiss. He doesn't answer. Jerome then chuckles, moving away from a white fence. 

  "Well," He says. "We're off to a good start." I walk up to him as a man suddenly handed us hats. Jerome's was black with a red ribbon and mine was purple with a black ribbon, matching my outfit. Jerome lifts his head up slowly to Bruce. 

  "Whata say Bruce? Wanna have some fun before the main event?"

  We both lead Bruce to a makeup station, sitting him down and a man with a red wig on took out some paint. He began to work on his face as I lean my head on Jerome's shoulder. He kisses the top of my head and I hear him sigh. 

  "I love the way you smell, Grey. You smell like freedom." He whispers, making a dramatic hand gesture. I smile. 

  "And you smell like crazy." I whisper back. He chuckles. 

  We turn to see Bruce's eyes were almost close to done. Jerome and I walk beside him. I peer at his makeup. Jerome comes closer to him. 

  "I gotta be honest Bruce." He starts. "You don't make the world's funniest clown." I then take a step forward.