Dress Or Heels?

Niall POV

I'm sitting at my desk when all of a sudden a group of people rushes in. I quickly look at Haven and see that she is asleep. Leading the group of people is my mother, "Please don't wake her up. If she wakes up it's over for all of us." My mom looks over at a sleeping Haven and smiles, "She's so pretty."

I look behind her and sigh, "Why do you have a whole group of journalist behind you?" She lets out a little giggle, "They wanted to meet Haven." I drop my head, "Well, they can't meet her. She doesn't like a lot of people." All of a sudden I hear snapping of a few cameras, I glare at the group. "Didn't I say don't wake her up. If she wakes up, I swear."

"It's not like she's going to throw a tantrum. Let us at least take a few pictures." One man says as he continues taking pictures. Haven slowly open her eyes and jumps back. Fear runs through her eyes as she runs to me. She hides behind me and I turn to look at her. I notice that her eyes start filling up with tears, "Ma, get them out and as for the asshole who kept taking pictures, let me talk to you for a second!"

I walk up to the man and grab him by his shirt, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't punch you in the face." He visibly swallows, "Because you would end up getting charged." I arch my eyebrow and without a second thought I punch him in the eye, "You're the one who's going to get charged for taking pictures without permission! Get the hell out of my office!" He runs out along with the others and my mom crosses her arms.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I walk over to Haven and she wraps her arms around my waist. I leave my arms at my side, "Was that really necessary?" I look at her as if she just lost her mind, "The man continued taking pictures after I told him to stop and then the bastard had the nerve to get smart with me. Of course, it was necessary." She rolls her eyes and comes up to look at Haven, "She doesn't like to be around new people. She barely even let Brit do her hair."

I look down at Haven, "Go sit in my chair." She slowly goes over to my chair and my mom watches her every move, "Stop watching her like a hawk, she's not an exotic animal." She looks up at me, "Where are her shoes? She has on such a nice outfit, but no shoes." I go around my desk and pick up Haven shoes, "They're right here, she doesn't like them." She looks around my office, "What have she been doing the entire time?"

"She's been on my phone watching Scooby-Doo the entire time." She looks at me with a lazy look, "Really? Scooby-Doo?" I hold my hands up in defense, "She's not going to understand any regular shows. If she started watching a show like Criminal Minds or something, she will be confused as hell."

"I'm going to leave on that note, I will be leaving in a few days to meet up with your father." I roll my eyes, "Give my father a good punch in the nose for me." She hits my arm and walk to the door, "I will not, I'll see you later." She walks out after that and looks back at Haven, "Let's go home for today. I need to decide on what to cook."

"Cook?" I nod my head as I help her put her shoes on, "Yes, cook. We're not eating out again, that's bad for your body. Good to your body, but bad for your body." I grab my things and walk out with Haven on my heels. I ignore the stares and go straight to the car. "Do you want some ice cream?" I ask Haven as I drive off, "Ice cream?" My mouth drop, "They didn't even let you eat ice cream?!" She shakes her head and I head to the store.

I pull up in the parking lot, "I'm going to go in and come right back out. I promise I won't take long. There are too many people in here and I don't want you to be scared." She nods her head and I leave her my phone, "I'm going to get a few flavors."

I get out of the car and speed walk to the store, "Get in. Get out. Get in. Get out." I say to myself as I go to the freezer aisle. I grab chocolate, vanilla, cookie dough, and cookies and cream. I rush to the line and notice every single line is long, "What did I do to deserve this? Was it because I punched some dude in the face. God, please help me out here."

"I can take whoever next over here in line ten." My eyes widen as I quickly rush over to the register. Thank you, God, I love you so much. I pay for the ice cream and rush back to the car. I knock on the window and Haven looks up, "I told you it'll be quick." I put the ice cream in the back and head home.

Haven takes her shoes off as soon as we step in the house. I pick up her shoes and carry them upstairs to her room. I go to my room and change into some comfortable clothes. Now I need to decide on what to cook. From the corner of my eye, I see Haven walking in, "What's wrong?" She holds my phone up to my face and points at Scooby-Doo.

"You like Scooby-Doo?" She shakes her head, "A dog." I tilt my head to the side, "A dog? What about a dog?" She continues to point at the dog for a few seconds longer, "You're not telling me you want a dog, are you?" She nods her head and I fall back on the bed, "Old man." She crawls on the bed and looks at me, "Old man? My dad?" She nods her head, "Did he promised you that I would get you a dog?" She nods her head again and I hold my hand out.

"Give me my phone." I dial Old Man number, "You promised her a dog?! What the hell?! You know I don't like dogs!!" He laughs into the phone and I groan, "What is up with you?! I want my money back for this damn dog I'm about to buy!" I hang up after that and look at Haven, "We can go look for one this weekend." I look up at the ceiling, "How about I make some baked chicken and mac and cheese with some mash potatoes?"

She nods her head, "Chicken?" I nod my head and walk back downstairs, "Bake chicken is good for you." I go to the kitchen and she follows right behind me. "I'm going to get you an iPad, you can't use mine because my work and stuff are up here. I'm scared you might delete something afterward." I will never be able to get my phone if she's on it every day all day.

"What's an iPad?" I look at her with wide eyes, "More than one word?" I let out a soft laugh and point at my phone, "It's just like my phone, but way bigger." I pull some food out, "Ice cream." I shake my head, "Nope, can't eat that until you eat dinner. Ice cream is for dessert."

I'm so happy that I put the chicken in the refrigerator last night. If not we would be eating out again. I season up the chicken and walk to the living room, "Let the chicken sit for a few minutes. While that's happening, let's go take a shower." She walks over and stands in front of me, "Bath." I shake my head, "No, go take a shower, you can get a bath next time." She slowly walks upstairs and I feel like guilt is eating me up alive.

I throw my head back and rush upstairs, "I'll give you a bath." She looks at me as she undresses. I run the bath water and she stands beside me, I pick up a towel and cover her, "When you're around a man you don't know or trust you should cover your body. Only show your body to someone you trust and love." She steps in the tub and sits down, "Love?"

I nod my head, "Yes, love." She shakes her head, "What is love?" I clear my throat, I've never really loved anybody but my family. I didn't even have a girlfriend who I'd truly love. "Um, it's when you get nervous or excited when you see that one person. You start feeling anxious after you haven't seen them for some time. You trust this person with your mind, body, and soul." I wash her up as I say all of this.

"Do you want to wear a dress tomorrow for work?" She quickly shakes her head and I laugh, "I thought so." I rinse her body off and she stands out of the tub, "No heels." I shake my head as I dry her off, "Yes heels, if no heels you have to wear a dress." She shakes her head and I laugh, "Heels or dress?" A small pout crawls on her lips, "Heels." I finish drying her off and wrap the towel around her, "Let's go to my room and you can choose what shirt you want to wear."

We walk to my room and she walks straight to my closet. She comes back out with a button-down, "You want to wear that." She nods her head and hands it to me. I unbutton it and put it on her. She tries to button it up herself but fails. "Watch me first." I do it for her and her stomach growls, "I know you're hungry, we skipped lunch today. Come on, let's go back downstairs."

I go to the kitchen and put the chicken in the oven. I start on the mash potatoes and Mac and Cheese. Haven sits on the sofa and watches tv. I look in the refrigerator and see that I only have alcohol as our drinks. "Ugh!!!"