Chapter Two

I woke up by the sound of keys, jingling as it unlocks the door. I could see the sunlight coming in from the gap before the door closed and the lights dimmed once again.

I couldn't see the door from the place I laid sleeping. But I know at the end of the stairs that leads to upstairs had a door to the outer world.

Slowly I get up from the bed, hands still tied up in my back. Huh? A bed?

I quickly sat up, trying to understand the place where I am in. It was dimly litted as the lights were off but I could hear the breathing of my roommate.

It was probably Raphael's room before he had to share. Looking at the cement floor and walls. The room itself was a rectangular shaped.

There's a bed on the left side of the wall, which I was sleeping in with a carpet under my bed. A small drawer was placed beside the metal cased bed while on the other corner, there's a sink, a toilet and shower with it's curtain.

I mentally paled at the situation. Am I going to live here?

On the right side of the room, was Raphael's bed. He was sleeping before but woke up when he heard the footsteps coming in from the stairs.

"Hello, darling." The man who kidnapped me revealed himself from the stairs. It was from the opposite of where I am, so I wouldn't be able to see him if he had not reveal himself.

I backed up to the wall, trying to be as far as I could as he step closer to the bed.

"How are you? You seem pretty exhausted before."

He brushed away a bit of my hair from my face, making him to be able to see me clearly.

"W-where am I?" I cracked. My voice was hoarse, forgetting when was the last time I had drank.

"You're safe." He stroke my hair gently as he sat on the bed.

The bed dipped as his weight burdening the old metal case bed, making small creaking sounds here and there.

"Where am I?" I asked again. He stared into my eyes before looking away.

"You're safe." He muttered. "That's what all matters."

I snap my head to him angry at his words.

"What? That's what all matters!?? You fucking kidnapped me!" I yelled.

He grabbed the back of my head harshly, making our nose almost touching each other. Too close that I could see his iris and light specks on his eyes. His eyes were beautiful.

I forgot for a second that he was a kidnapper before he said. "Don't speak to me like that."

His tone was dark and dangerous. It was probably better if he screamed at me, but whispering them just makes him more scary.

"Listen here, Darling. You, are not allowed to curse, especially to me." He muttered darkly. "You have a pretty face, but that doesn't mean it would covered up your impoliteness, in which I am not very fond of."

I gulped as his gaze intensified. "So now, you need to be taught a lesson." He stood up from the bed.

My heart suddenly dropped at his words. He bagan unbluckling his belt and I instantly went pale.

"No, no, no!!! I am sorry! I don't know what I said!" I quickly hold his forearms, trying to stop him for whatever plans he had for me. "Please, no. I-I was panicking. I don't know what I said, I mean, suddenly waking up in a strange place makes me scared. I don't know what I said.."

I could feel my lips trembling saying those words. His muscles under my palms were hard and well built, I don't think I would stand a chance to his strength.

"I am sorry.." I repeated. His gaze softens when he saw a single tears slipped from my eye. I was in the verge of screaming in fear, but I couldn't seem to do so, knowing he wouldn't like it if I did.

The man let go of his hold in his belt before his hand trailed up to my cheek. I flinched at the touch but bit my lips so that I won't cower away. I had a feeling that he won't like it if I did.

His gaze flickered for a moment to my lips before it goes back to my eyes. Without knowing, I was silently crying as streams of tears began to fall down.

"I-I'm sorry… I don't know what to do, I was scared… I-I..." I choked between my tears. It was disgusting how weak I had become, but I couldn't help being in a close proximity with him and his gaze was looking at every inch of my face scare the heck out of me.

"I know. It must've been scary." He finally said after what it seemed like years even though t was just seconds. "But that's all right. No one could ever hurt you here. You are safe."

He envelop me into a hug, but all I could do was turned into stone at his words. He was intending to keep me here. He doesn't intend to make ransom money. He wants me.

I cried at the thought. My body was shaking and I feel like crumpling to the ground if it hadn't for his arms wraping around me. I was wailing like a little kid, sobbing, choking like there is no tomorrow. But I guess there is no tomorrow. It wouldn't be called a life anymore if there is.

I was sobbing pitifully while he was stroking my hair, thinking that the guilt of accusing him of kidnapping me was eating me up. He keep shushing me gently in my ears while I was buried in his chest. I could hear his breath fanning my ears but all I could focus was the dreaded feeling and fear.

I cried like there is no tomorrow.