Chapter Four

The first thing that I realize since I awake was the faint smell of a masculine cologne and the sharp smell of an animal. It was such a strange mixture. I did smell it even before I opened my eyes. When I did, I regretted it in an instant. I was met the man face right before me. It was so close that our noses were almost touching. His arms were wrapping around my waist, making me stayed in place.

"I see that you had been trying to escape." He chuckled realizing I had woken up.

"Wh-who said that?" I croaked.

"Well, you are fainting near the door, so I have my guess that you are trying to escape."

"And how is that you're problem?"  I cleared my throat but that only seemed to hurt even more.

The man suddenly sat up in the bed and taking a glass of water in the small table next to the bed.

"Of course it is my problem," he replied, "Here, drink."

I tried to resist the water, but my throat was so dry that I swallow my pride and accepted the kidnapper water.

I sip it at first, but the moment that the cold water met my throat I quickly gulp it all down. I finished the drink with a moan.

Suddenly the glass was taken from me and I looked at the man. His eyes darkened as he gazed at me.

"W-what..?" I stuttered, unknowingly afraid of his sudden change of demeanor.

"A lady does not down all her drink in one go. And she doesn't express her content that way either." He spoke, referring to my moan.

I dipped my head, suddenly ashamed at my behavior. What's with him and a lady attitude by the way? It's not like he was my teacher or something like that. After all it is hid fault that I was so thirsty. You kidnapped me in the first place, are you?

But..

He was right.
I was so thirsty that I acted like that. Even my mom would thought that my actions were impolite.

"Do you understand?" He picks up my chin with his fingers, making our eyes met. I could feel my emotions wavered as I met with his gaze. I don't know why but his gaze are always intense, making me frozen in place.

"Yes.." I complied.

I didn't understand why I did, but it felt like that time the right thing to do was to comply. I was still out of energy and I couldn't fight him in that state. And I realized that I was wrong too. He was only telling me what I am not supposed to do. I should be glad that I still got to drink.

"Good." He stroke my hair gently. "Don't repeat that again, do you hear me?"

"Y-yes." I mumbled.

His hand is warm as it traveled to stroke my cheek. Through all this cold chamber, so far he was the warmest. It was crazy of course. He is my kidnapper. It wasn't even weeks I'd stayed here and yet I already losing the ground.

I bit my lips hard until it bleeds. I need to hang on.