13

Lisa's POV

"Mr. Kang, it's the end of the month. Will I be receiving my pay today?" I inquired. As Mr. Kang was driving me to school, I had grown accustomed to sitting next to him in the front seat for comfort rather than sitting alone in the back.

"Of course, do you need to purchase anything with it?" he responded, his eyes trained on the road ahead. I gazed out of the window, taking in the sights of the passing landscape.

"Actually, yes. I need to buy some school supplies," I replied, to which he gave a nod of understanding. As we arrived at the school, Mr. Kang pulled up to the curb and parked the car.

"Alright, here we are. Give me a call when you're finished and ready to head back home," he said, before driving off.

I stepped out of the car and headed towards the school gates. The sun was shining brightly and a light breeze was blowing, carrying with it the sweet scent of blooming flowers.

As soon as Bambam and Jisoo came into view, we hurriedly made our way to our first class, not wanting to be late. The halls were bustling with students rushing to their respective classrooms.

Jisoo looked at me and said, "It's the end of the month, isn't it?" She knew all too well the significance of this particular day for me.

I nodded in response, feeling grateful for her understanding. Bambam, who was standing next to her, asked, "Do you want me to back you up?" His hand absentmindedly brushed his hair out of his face.

"I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll go on my own. I don't want to risk anyone seeing me with someone and causing any trouble," I explained to them as we entered our classroom, putting an end to our conversation.

The day seemed to drag on as I anxiously awaited the end of the class. When the final bell rang, I quickly bid farewell to my friends and rushed out of the school building. As I made my way towards the school gate, my heart sank as I saw Mr. Kang's car parked outside.

Thinking on my feet, I pulled out my phone and quickly sent him a message, informing him that our class had been extended and that he should leave without me. However, to my surprise, he insisted on waiting for me.

Feeling cornered, I decided to make my way towards the back of the school where there were tall fences.

As I made my way towards the back of the school, I suddenly heard a voice calling out to me. Turning around, I saw one of the school guards who were usually stationed around the premises. My heart began to race as I wondered if he had spotted me.

"Where are you going?" he asked, eyeing me curiously. I looked around nervously, searching for an escape route.

"Can I get out here?" I asked, my voice laced with urgency. "I'm really in a hurry and it'll take too much of my time if I use the gate in front."

The guard looked at me skeptically before finally relenting. "That'll be hard kid, but if you need to, then go ahead. Just be careful not to get caught by the other guards," he warned me.

I smiled gratefully at him and nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. With his permission, I began to climb up on the fence, making my way towards the other side.

It took me a few tense minutes to make my way over the fence, my heart pounding with adrenaline as I landed safely on the other side. As I dusted myself off, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief that I had managed to make it out unscathed. As long as my bones aren't broken and my bangs are intact, it's all good.