TWO

"I'LL HELP YOU"

The cat let out an angry hiss, pinning it's ears back causing Y/n to stumbled a little bit in fright.

"Holy shit!" She exclaimed and narrowed her eyes back at the cat after catching her breath.

"You didn't have to scare me like that! I'm not going to hurt you," she mumbled the last part and continued to stare at it, a numbness spreading throughout her frosty fingertips.

The cat watched her with calculated eyes, and slowly inched itself back towards the cardboard and she was left in confusion once more.

Where had that person gone? She was pretty sure it had been a human by the noises... At least, it had sounded human to her. Could that cat have hacked up a sound as such?

She squinted her eyes at him. Maybe he had a respiratory problem- he definitely would if he stayed in this cold weather for much longer.

She stared at him for another few seconds and only then did she notice the dark, wet spot matted into the cat's side.

Worry instantly clouded Y/n's senses. She couldn't leave him out tonight-not with the way he was shivering and struggling to move. And knowing he was possibly injured made her feel even worst... But how could she take him in if he clawed her eyes out in the process?

"Come here kitty... I'll help you," she attempted, croutching down to his level. At the sound of her voice, the cat's ears shot back once more, warning her with every move she took.

It didn't want help from her, nor any other cruel human.

"Stop that! You're injured, and if you don't cooperate, you're going to die out here," she said in a pleading but stern voice although she knew the cat couldn't understand her. She didn't know what else would work- she wasn't a vet.

The cat hesitated at her words- he was cold and injured. And it would be difficult to heal in this terrible weather... But why did she sound like she actually cared?

As if by some miracle, the cat relaxed a tad, and watched her with what seemed to be a desperate face. Had he listened? Had he sensed that she was safe and was only here to help him?

To test her logic, she gently pushed her hand out in front of her towards him, going towards the top of his head.

When she reached her destination, she grinned to herself-but it was short lived as a pair of canines scraped into her skin the next moment.

"Ouch! You mother-" she cradled her hand to her chest and glared at the cat.

"Bad kitty! I should leave you here- I swear to God, if you gave me rabies," she cursed to herself and inspected her hand, but a devastating mewl escaped the cats mouth at her words and she snapped her neck back to look at him.

The cat looked miserable- and Y/n couldn't help but regret her words. There was no way she could leave him out here to die, guilt would eat at her for the rest of her life.

He had only scraped the skin- there was no blood shed, which probably meant it was merely a warning bite, foretelling the actual force that could be applied.

"Fine. I'm going to help you... But you have to be nice. And no more biting!" Y/n scolded him and the cat averted his eyes.

"I'm going to pick you up now, we need to head out. I think it's going to snow soon," she whispered, staring the cat down and to her disbelief she swore she saw it nod.