TWELVE

Silence.

  That's what filled the air between the two species for the next minute, one face unreadably blank and the other holding a wide, childish grin.

   "Human? Did you hear me?" The dog asked after a few seconds. He tilted his head to the side, blinking at you with interest.

    You inhaled and then let out a loud laugh, so chaotic and crazy. You doubled over and shook your head, trying to spit out words, but you were laughing too hard to manage them. Hoseok stared at you before he grinned wider and nodded his head along with you.

   "Haha!" He laughed along, throwing his head back and screwing his eyes together, peaking one eye open to look at you when he thought you wouldn't notice.

     You wiped away a single tear that collected in your eye and streamed down your face, and let out a loud breath, before collecting yourself.

   "Ha, yeah. Hilarious....What were we laughing at?" Hoseok's curious eyes bore into her and she snapped back into reality as he moved closer.

"You're a fucking idiot! That's what!" You screamed at him, making his face scrunch up and pull back in fright. You quickly grabbed his soft hand and dragged him into the nearest enclosed area.

   "This whole time, I've been thinking it's me! I'm crazy, there's something wrong with me! There's no way that I got mauled by my best friend, and my cat understands me! I'm loosing my marbles!" You ranted, pushing him into an alleyway, and his eyes widened.

   "But you guys have been fucking with my mind this whole time! Deceiving me! Why now? Why is this all happening right now?" You focused your attention on him and he suddenly shrunk under your stare.

  It didn't take long for Hoseok to begin to shake under your grip, his large puppy eyes swelling with tears.

      "Wh-what did puppy do bad?" His lips trembled as he stared up at you, limp ears framing his eyes.

     You looked down at him and went to open your mouth and scold him more, but the innocent look on his frightened face stopped you. It was like dealing with a child and you sighed hard and lowered your
voice.

     "Look-"

      "Please don't hurt me," he cut you off, his tail tucking between his two legs as he looked up at you and you instantly felt bad. Your shoulders weighed with guilt and you touched his arm, and stroked the skin softly.

    "Hey.. look, I'm not mad... It's okay, I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry. I'm just really... Overwhelmed okay? I'm not going it hurt you, ever. Don't cry," you gently wiped away one of his falling tears and sighed.

     He perked up a bit and his tail shot up at the affection and he ate it up. But even though he was adorable, you couldn't let him get away with his stunt he'd pulled. You needed him to tell you everything, and it wouldn't be very helpful if he got reported to the government-or whatever one does when they see a strange man-dog.

    "But- you need to be more careful! I may not hurt you, but the world isn't that safe... You know how much people probably could sell you for? Or the money they'd make off of expirements on you! From now on puppy isn't going to change in the middle of public. Puppy isn't even supposed to exist or show his kind to me... Or, are you? How do you even exist? You just came out of no where and proved all my theories right and- oh my fucking god you're naked!" You gaped at his nude, light colored body for a second before averting your eyes at the last minute. He looked down at himself and shrugged.

   "But i'm always naked in human form..." He trailed off and you sighed and shook your head.

    "Well, you can't do that if you want to  blend in. It's already hard enough with those...," You stared at his big puppy ears and then trailed down to his tail but your eyes snapped back after you remembered he was stark.