NINE

"HYBRIDS "

     You creeped into the house, the door shutting softly behind you as you entered.

   Your mind was blank. You couldn't think-you'd simply stopped functioning. All you wanted to do was shower, go to bed and pretend nothing happened.

    But you knew you couldn't. You had to face this sooner or later. You had to figure out what the fuck had happened.

    Figure out what the fuck was wrong with SeokJin... And why he attacked you like a hungry animal.

     You sighed and shrugged off your coat, tossing it onto your coach and then headed into your bedroom.

    You froze slightly when you caught sight of your cat curled up into a small ball while he slept comfortably on top of your bed.

    It made you smile for a second, bringing you back to a state of normality. But it didn't last for long. Your mind was on the verge of shutting down, and you knew you needed the shower to clear your thoughts.

     You quietly snuck into your bathroom, cautious of your napping cat, and then locked the door behind you.

      You were paranoid. There was no doubt about that, you had thoughts of SeokJin's animal coming after you... And finsihing what he hadn't when he had you in his arms. Whatever that was.

    You reached over and turned the knob all the way to the hot side, watching as the water beat down on the white tiles of the shower floor. The hot steam quickly made it way to greet your face, trapping in any traces of fear from escaping your body.

   After you peeled of your layers of clothes, you stepped into the shower, hardly flinching at the intense temperature that burned your skin. You barely noticed it beyond the first five minutes, each lick agasint your flesh reminding you that you were alive but doing little else for your soul.

    You scrubbed your body so hard that night. You lost track of time, but when you stepped in the shower there had been daylight outside. Making your way out-there was none. You'd also only noticed the water had gone cold against your pruned body right before you decided to step out.

    Although you knew you'd been in there for a while, you still felt like you had gotten nothing done. You were less paranoid, and a bit more calm- but now that your brain had had the time for the events to sink it, it wouldn't stop generating question after question followed by silly scenarios.

         You now knew one thing for sure. SeokJin wasn't human. What he was however, wasn't clear to you yet. Whether you'd face consequences for knowing this about him was also unsure to you.

     But the biggest thing that bothered you was his behavior towards you at the end. He seemed possessive, but out of control. You loved Seokjin- but now you felt like you didn't even know him anymore. What if your whole friendship had been a trap, sneakily waiting for you to get tangled into his webs before he devoured you!

     Would he have eaten you? You felt his teeth. Saw them as you ran. He was licking and kissing you, and even smelling you. Was that all you were to him in that moment? A meal?

     Your heart hurt at the thought, and you sighed before sitting on top of the toilet, looking at your phone. You had two messages that you hadn't looked at before because of your shower.

    Both from SeokJin.

   You stared at the green bubbled for a while before sliding it open and you shook as you read his words.