FOUR

'NIGHTMARE '

   yoongi's pov.

White. It was everywhere. Surrounding me, engulfing me, and inviting the torture that was soon to come with it.

I shifted- I was sure I'd see those blue rubber gloves soon. Creeping up my skin, watching as I struggled beneath them. They didn't have to hold me down though- the cold, metal chair kept me still just long enough for them to shove whatever concoction they'd whipped up this time into my skin.

Then, the walls would cave. One second there would be that same dreaded white room and the faint outline of a body in the corner of my eye-the next, black. Not because I passed out- if only that had been the case. The world became black to me because my eyes refused to be open while enduring the excruciating pain the serum sent into my veins-to my heart and throughout my entire body.

Every inch of my being was aflame. Every nerve shamelessly overstimulated. Only after my brain was too overwhelmed with pain to run correctly, would I finally pass out. Only then did I get peace.

Where was it? Couldn't he just get it over with- I just want the darkness to take me already. It was much better than enduring a pain my body could never get used to.

It was only then that I heard a low, vibrating sound did I let out a small whimper, fear spiking up my spine once again.

But I didn't mind this part. This weighing emotion was better than not having any at all. It was familiar. And it reminded me that a part of myself they tried hard to discard was still there, in the shadows of my ribcage, constricting me.

I braced myself for it- squeezed my eyes a little bit and shifted, ready for the pain. And I waited for it to claim me.

'Juice, sauce- little bitta dressin'.'

Huh?

'Ice, wrist- little bitta flexin'.'

What the fuck?

My eyes flung open, instantly being met with a stream of morning sun peaking through the crack between two curtains.

I let out a relieved sigh, slumping a little bit in my cat body, relieved that it had only been a dream. I wasn't back there. And I wasn't going to ever go back there.

I was safe.

I then turned and looked around for the device that had broken me out from my nightmare. I perked up a little, spotting Y/n's phone which was blaring... Odd lyrics. That didn't surprise me though. I was convinced the woman herself wasn't all there.

A name lit up on her phone, vibrating and continuing to belt out the lyrics. But on my left was an unbothered Y/n, sleeping soundly through it.

I sighed and turned around, curling into a ball and preparing to go back to sleep when the music shut off. But as soon as it did, it rang once more and I glared at the name 'Seokjin' with all my might before turning my heated gaze towards Y/n's limp body.

If it weren't for the slight rise and fall of her chest- I would have thought she was dead. I get that humans can't hear for shit-but this was ridiculous.

I huffed impatiently, creeping a little closer to her and ran my paws along the edge of her foot, hoping that a physical touch would wake her up.

I was close- instead it merely tickled her. Which resulted in my small body being kicked halfway across the room.

A strangled cry left my mouth at the impact, but I landed gracefully on my legs, hissing under my breath as I looked at her foot that now hung slightly over the mattress.