THREE

"SNOWBALL"

    The cat blinked at her, his lip curling up as he was absolutely repulsed by the name.

    "Get it? Cause you're white- and it's snowing! And you have balls! It's perfect!" Y/n grinned at him, and he shook his head hard, stomping his right foot at her, trying to make it clear that he disapproved.

  There was no way in hell she was calling him that.

    "What? It's cute!" Y/n protested, throwing her hands up.

   He just continued to glare at her, shaking his head firmly.

   "Fine." She groaned, and looked around for inspiration.

    She sighed when she found none. "This is hard! How about I call you Picky instead? Mister Hard to please,." She huffed as he looked up at her, unamused.

   "Well, I'm sorry I don't tickle your aesthetic, "She grumbled before she snatched her phone out and googled some random names, looking through a long list.

  "Hm... Taemin? That's kinda cute," she noted and the cat made a face but didn't completely revolt like the last.

  "Okay, That's a maybe! How about Prince? I think it's fun, kinda realistic, kinda not," She read off, and he scrunched his nose in disgust at that one. 

   "You're no fun... What about...Yoongi?" She finally asked. "It's boring. Just like you," she smirked and the cat stared at her for a moment before nodding, finally satisfied.

   "Really? That's the one you like? You are so weird," She chuckled and he slowly made his way towards her before sitting down next to her.

   The corners of her mouth tilted up a little bit. He must have warmed up to her already after all and she thought it was cute saying as he had a hissy fit at first. Literally.

    She was definitely going to keep him. There was something off about him- he wasn't normal but she liked how he had a little bit of spunk to him.

     "Alright, it's getting late. I'm going take a shower and then I'm heading my butt to bed. Welcome home I guess; sleep wherever you want... I don't really know what to tell you. I'll go get you a cat bed tomorrow! Oh, and some toys! And treats and-well food. Sounds good?" Y/n looked towards him and he nodded trying to hide his excitement with a bored expression as she winced at her abnormal behavior. 

    She lived alone, so it wasn't uncommon for her to talk to herself- but talking to a cat and thinking he could understand was pushing her limits of sanity.

  "God, I'm going fucking crazy. I need sleep- that's it. Sleep will help me not act like a lunatic," she concluded and rose from her spot, going towards her room and stopping in front of her dresser.

  She picked out a big t-shirt and some panties before stripping her pants off- but after feeling a pair of eyes on her, she turned her head and caught Yoongi staring her down from the doorway.

   "Alright, peeping Tom, that's enough! I'm going to the bathroom, you little pervert," she laughed to herself to cover up the fact that she really felt a little uncomfortable under his strangely human-like gaze and locked herself in her bathroom.

                                ❀❀  ❀❀

    Yoongi, he thought to himself. He liked the sound of that. A human name- a normal name. Not a set of numbers assigned to him at a facility that could give less of a shit about him or anyone else there.

   A name with meaning-to him at least. He was never given one. It was always subject  B71456 or, more recently, stray.

   And it was special because Y/n had given it to him. And she was now his owner. The thought of that made him want to mewl and his tail swished behind him uncontrollably.

   But as soon as he noticed it, he stopped himself. He hated how relaxed he was around her already- he couldn't allow himself to get too comfortable.

  Trusting humans only resulted in getting hurt. He knew that. But... look at her- she was an imbocile. He knew she could never hurt him physically.

But that wasn't what he was scared of.

   Why was she so nice to him? She talked to him like he mattered, took care of him, and even joked with him(although he pretend to think it was annoying.) He'd never been treated this way before. Yoongi couldn't help the way that he naturally began to follow her after only being with her for a few hours. They were the best few hours of his life... He wanted to be stubborn and resist everything she offered him. He wanted to wait until she fell asleep and then make his escape- because when she found out the truth, it'd just hurt more.

    But Yoongi had that little annoying light shining in his eyes, blinding him at the moment. Hope. Maybe he could stay in his animal form forever? And just live happily like this? Or maybe she would love him even in his human for-

   No. He couldn't even let his mind go there. Humans were not to be trusted. She'd just return him to the labs.

    But to make matters worst, she was so beautiful. He was incapable of doing anything but watching her. It was so hard to look away from someone that looked so good and smelled even better. He couldn't help but wonder how she would taste..

   Yoongi shook the thoughts from his head, not wanting to venture back to when she had been changing earlier- this was not the time to think about mating. Especially with a human.

       Instead, he turned his attention to the house they were in. It was fairly large, especially for one person. It made him wonder what exactly she did to afford it by herself.

      Or maybe she wasn't alone- maybe she had a boyfriend who was away at the moment. That thought didn't settle well with Yoongi, but he blamed it on the fact that he'd have to get familiar with another person. It definitely wasn't because he didn't want Y/n dating anyone.

     He had just met her- the thought of that was ridiculous. Many hybrids did say that they always crushed on their owners... But he had just met her. And he didn't like humans. So, that couldn't be possible.

    He couldn't get attached to her... Not when she was so easy to loose.

    But playing pet for a little while couldn't hurt... right?

                                ❀❀  ❀❀

    "Awe," Y/n struggled to stop herself from squealing as she walked out from the bathroom to catch her new cat, Yoongi, snuggled up at the foot of her bed, in a deep sleep.

       She smiled, glad that he was warming up to the house so fast, before approaching the side of the bed and slowly slipping into the covers, staring at the ceiling for a few seconds before sighing.

     "Goodnight Yoongi. Sweet dreams."