TEN

If anyone reading is good at book covers-hmu and I'll give you credit ;)

Unedited.

                             "SHE KNOWS"

   You blinked a few times, your eyes settling on the sparkling collar that fastened around Yoongi's neck and you let out a laugh.

    "This... This can not be real," You shook your head and walked passed the cat that cocked it's head in confusion and slowly followed you.

    You slinked into the kitchen, absentmindedly fixing Yoongi's supper for him. Your head pounded as your brain tried to rationalize how your cat could understand you and possibly get his own collar on, without bringing the title Hybrid into the equation. You needed desperately to get away from this madness for a while.

     As for Yoongi, he was just confused as to what you were talking about and his mind was filled with anxiety as he watched you. While you had been in the bathroom for hours, he had sat anxiously on your bed, trying to make sense of the lingering smell of a high ranked predator Hyrbid lingering around the house.

   It had his nerves high- Yoongi was a low class Predator, and although he could intimate prey, his breed wasn't much of a match for the exotics. That didn't matter to him though, he'd still try for you.

    He didn't understand where this pungent scent was coming from and why it was still faintly coating your skin-even after your shower. Had another hybrid touched what was his? The thought brought rage into Yoongi's mind and his hairs stood high on his back.

   He instantly knew what this hybrid had tried to do. It wanted to establish it's property, it's position in Y/n's life after getting a whiff of Yoongi. Although It wasn't irregular in hybrid behavior, it was great at stirring up trouble between two territorial hybrids.

  This scenario usually happened amongst rich owners that for some reason owned more than one hybrid. And knew, of course, that the hybrid existed as they had paid for whatever labour the hybrid was bought for.

That rung a question in Yoongi's mind. Did you know about hyrbids? Could it be possible that he was hiding in cat form for nothing? It just didn't make sense, you weren't rolling in money like people in the Hyrbid community were but how else would you have come in contact with another hybrid? He knew the scent of him would attract the interests of the few other strays that lucked out, but if they had been in their animal form, he would have been able to tell exactly what kind of hybrid it was-like the dog the other day.

   Yoongi's eyes widen, his brain reeling in a new thought. Could it be a breed merely passing as human, walking around and approaching Y/n in a humanlike way? He'd heard of it before, seen it too in rare cases.

    Yoongi was always jealous of those breeds. Even with his ears covered and long tail hidden, his large cat eyes betrayed him in his human form. He had heard stories of quarter breeds though, who escaped the facilities and made something of themselves in the real world.

   Yet that task got harder with each passing case because the scientists weren't perfect, but it was rare they made the same mistake twice. As soon as a quarter breed, a breed that was more human and only had one animal characteristics such as a single tail, escaped and established a new life, the scientists began to place their kind under heavy supervision.

     The situation was confusing to him. You weren't rolling in money like most people were that knew about the secret breed, but you were heavily involved with two hybrids yourself- whether you knew it or not.