SEVEN

"SEOKJIN"

    You braced yourself as your feet came to a stop in front of a pretty familiar location, and although you hadn't opened the doors yet, you could already smell the freshly brewed coffee and baked goods.

    From the glass doors, you spotted SeokJin in the back corner, tucked away from the few other people that roamed the small shop.

    SeokJin had never liked large crowds. He wasn't a big people's person in general. It never seized to surprise you, with how much he rambled to you and allowed himself to get close. He didn't have that with anyone else- as far as you could tell, you were his only friend. You recalled the time you first met with a smile on your face, wondering why he was so different with you.

    You remembered walking into work that morning and seeing the sight of new flesh. He looked timid and almost cold towards everyone else who talked to him as he settled into his new desk, but as you walked by, his face snapped up and he couldn't break himself away from your spell.

   He watched you for a long time after that. At first, he didn't talk to you. He'd just watch you at lunch break, observe how you'd cross the rooms to file papers or talk to Chaeyoung ,the secretary, about clients.

   It wasn't until the third or fourth week of him being there that he actually spoke to you. You had dropped one of your client's papers on the way to the lounge and at first when you felt the strong hands tap your side, you didn't think anything of it- but as you took in his stunning face, you froze in shock.

     Everyone in the main room had peeked their heads from their cubicles to watch the scene while he merely nodded at you, a slight blush on his face as he shoved the paper towards you.

   "You dropped this," You remembered his first words, drinking in his soft voice, but he didn't say much else as he had spun off to finish his work, cheeks red and his hands shook slightly.

   The next day, the whole lounge watched as he joined you at your table for lunch. The two of you sat in silence for a while as your co-workers whispered about you before he finally striked up a conversation with you about the upcoming winter.

    And now, here you were a few years down the road, closer than ever.

    With that happy thought, you pushed off your heels and headed through the doors, inviting the cool air to kiss your skin.

    When the small bell dinged, signaling that someone had entered the café, the barista sent you a grin and SeokJin turned in his seat; his fiery eyes danced over your frame but he didn't seem pleased.

    Shit. He was still mad.

    You sent him your most charming smile as you crossed the room to sit directly across from him. Yet his face still didn't budge.

    "You're late," He picked at the situation. His dark eyes skimmed your own and he only frowned at you deeper as he noticed the small signs of stress that littered your face.

    "What? Three minutes is not late!" You exclaimed and looked at the drink that was in front of you. It was your usual, a latte macchiato and you sent him a smirk.

    "I thought I was paying?" You raised your eyebrows and he scoffed at you.

   "You are. For the food," He responded, blankly staring into your eyes. Something was off today. Besides his anger towards your irresponsibility- something just didn't seem right.

    "Seokie... Don't tell me you're mad. I've already given you all of my sorries! Don't make me whip out the emergency pout- cause I'll do it," you threatened him with a pointed look and he let out a sigh.