THIRTEEN

Unedited. Important author's note.

      A moment passed and all you could do was simply blink as the cat caved in on you.

      Usually, you'd be quick with a nasty comeback to put him in his place- after all this was your house, your bills, and your 'territory'. It was an easy argument for you.

     But the predatory, challenging look he held in his eyes as he stared you down sent shivers down your spine and silenced you.

      A smirk slide upon his feline features, and tiny canines poking from his lips as his eyes trailed along your figure until they snapped back up into your own.

"Good girl. I'm glad we're on the same page."

    Your eyes widened at the pet name and your cheeks flamed slightly, his dark eyes boring into your soul. But someone was not having this.

    "Excuse me, Hyung. But you're not going to talk to y/n like she's a prize. She has every right to choose who lives here." Hoseok's eyes shot daggers into the back of Yoongi's head and Yoongi rolled his eyes as he remembered the dogs presence.

    "Get lost, mutt. The grown ups are talking," he bared his fangs at the dog.

    Well, their friendship lasted long, you thought to yourself

   But Hoseok's words had snapped you out of your trance and you grew angry with your collecting thoughts. You were not about to get disrespected in your own house. You'd never out up with it before and you weren't now. This cat was going to learn that.

     "No, no. Hoseok's right. Your house? Your territory?" You laughed, hand clutching  your chest, as you sent him an annoyed look. "Do you pay the bills? You bust your ass at work to keep these lights going? You leave your whole life behind for a dream with no foundation and have to work your way back to the top? " You glared at him taking a step closer and poking him away at his chest as he stared back at you and went to open his mouth and respond.

   You saw Yoongi's facade disintegrate before your eyes, but you hadn't really seen it. What was passing through your eyes were the images of your parents screaming at you, degrading you until you were nothing before them. Tearing down every ounce of hope you had and then throwing you out. This similar words Yoongi had spoken had brought back memories of your teenage self. How you'd gotten yourself kicked out of your house because of your rebellious spirit. How you'd be left out on the streets, forced to do whatever it took to prove your family wrong because to them, you were just their property- something to give orders to. But you had failed. And now you worked at a loan company.

    You could see Yoongi's eyes fade back to normal and a soft blush go over his face as he extended his hands out. "No, y/n, you don't understand. It's not like that," he trailed off, a soft pout collecting on his his lips.

    Hoseok, who previously seemed happy with you going off on the boy that was trying to get him kicked out, also stepped in.

   "Yeah, Y/n, it's fine-really. Yoongi didn't mean what he was saying- his animal was taking over," He explained as if that would clear everything up and you shot him a confused glance.

     Your anger and solemn thoughts faded away as the bubbly dog hybrid skipped a little closer to you. 

     Hoseok nodded eagerly, loving the fact that he got to teach you so much about his world. It made him feel useful, and the soft look he'd receive from you afterwards was the best reward he could wish for.

But when he parted his lips to speak, Yoongi cut him off causing his ears to drop with a pout.

   "Our animal forms are basically the primal side of us. They get really protective of what they view as theirs, or what they hold close to them. Since you're my owner, technically you are mine, like I am yours. Right?" He spoke and you stared into his now light blue eyes that matched his cat's forms and you managed to nod.