Chapter 19 - Help

Logan Nielsen

One week without Mandy.

My parents kept me busy everyday by giving me books to read and not to mention that they starting to let me out in the public to mingle with people. I love interacting with my people and I can't wait to rule.

I swore that I will be a good King and try to give all my best to my people.

Not only that..

I miss Mandy a lot that it gave me a hard time to sleep. I kept looking at our photos together in my phone and my heart hurts. It was painful to leave her and here I am trying my best to stay sane.

We called each other everyday but it wasn't enough. Not being able to touch her, joke with her, hug her or even hangout with her really hit me so hard.

It was pretty obvious to me that I love her but I don't have the courage to tell her because it might ruin everything. She has her dreams and I have my own duty to fulfill. I don't want to risk our friendship too and I don't want to gamble anything on the line. I rather stay on the safe zone.

"What do you think?" My father asked after we got back from going around town.

"I love it." I said as I looked out the window.

"In a month, I will introduce you to the Princess of Sweden."

"Linnea Lindberg." I remembered her, we met when we're 15 years old.

"You'll love her." My father added.

"Can I find my own bride?" I asked as I turned to my father.

"You know the rules, if she passes all the rules then you may."

"Don't you think it's too old fashion?"

"Why? You want to marry that girl?" It was obvious that my parents don't like Amanda. She's a billionare's granddaughter not some random girl on the street.

"Can we talk about marriage later? I'm still 18 and I still have 7 years to find my bride so.." I completely hate my father for bringing this topic up again and again.

"We want you to get married before the coronation." He said and I shook my head.

"We don't have that rule, father. I hope you don't press me to get married with someone that I don't love. I don't want you to ruin my life because I'm the one who's going to marry and have the rest of my life with my future bride not you." I was so angry that I couldn't control what came out from my mouth.

"I'll let you marry the elites but not her, is it that difficult?"

"Then.. get ready to postpone the coronation, father." I said and I walked out from the study room. I was so angry with my father for acting like this. I don't know why he hates Mandy so much that I can't even hangout with her.

"Logan, may I have a word with you?" I turned to see my grandfather, William Nielsen, called me as he saw me walking out from the study room.

"Yes, grandfather." I said and he gestured me to go into his room. I followed him inside and closed the door.

"So.. how are you doing these days?" He asked as he gestured me to sit in across him on the sofa. I sat down and let out a heavy sigh.

"Busy but.. okay. I'm enjoying it." I said truthfully and he nodded.

"I overheard your conversation with your father."

"Please don't bring that up, I don't really want to talk about it right now." I said as I leaned back my body to the sofa.

"If you need help, all you need to do is come to me and I'm willing to help you with anything." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Even though you offer anything.. I don't think you can help." I said as I closed my eyes.

"You love that girl, right?" He asked and I opened my eyes. He smiled at me and I sat up straight.

"Don't tell me that you're going to give me the same lecture as father."

"He wants the best for you, Logan. You can't blame him, as a parent we want to give you the world." The great William Nielsen quoted.

"I understand but it's my life. I have the rights to choose whoever I want, grandfather. She's Estelle's granddaughter, it's so clear that she's a billionare." I said bursting out again and I facepalmed myself.

"That's the point, Logan. Because she's Estelle's granddaughter. She won't be able to leave her own company to be with you. I bet she has to keep the legacy going and your father doesn't want you to marry a person who will be busy with their own work when she suppose to be by your side." I thought about that a lot and I know it so well.

"I know.. that's why I never tell her."

"Maybe one day, you'll find a way. Maybe.. or maybe she's not for you." I looked at my grandfather straight in the eye after hearing the last sentence.

"I don't think I can give her away to someone else."

"I know that feeling." He said as he got up from the sofa. He walked towards the balcony and I followed him.

"I was in love with my college friend back in the days." He said as he leaned his body to the balcony.

"And then? What happened?"

"I was arranged with your grandmother." My eyes widen hearing it and he chuckled.

"I said the same exact lines as you back then. I can't let her go or give her away to someone else who isn't me but I have my own duty to fulfill so.. I had to let her go." He said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"What happened after that?"

"I learnt to love your grandmother. It was hard at first but she was so patient."

"I don't think I can be like you, grandfather." I shook my head as I leaned my body to the door.

"I know, that's why I'm offering you help."

"Thankyou." I said as I smiled to him.

"I can't wait to see that girl."

"You'll see a lot of her in the future."