Chapter 45 - You're Happy

Valentino Nielsen

I walked out the door to get some fresh air and my eyes landed on Logan who's sitting on the bench in the middle of the garden looking at the sky blankly. I know that's he's not himself lately especially when he can't get in contact with Amanda.

He's been so cooperative lately, he listens to everything that I say. As much as I love that, it's a little bit scary. He's been living like a robot ever since Amanda left him for good to America. Logan obeyed us like a robot and he rarely smiles.

He told me that he will proceed to be King. He said that he won't back away from the coronation.

"He's been acting like that for more than a month, it scares me." I turned to my father who stood beside looking at Logan.

"At least, he's cooperative." I said coldly.

"He's not living his life for you, Valentino. He deserves to be happy and if you keep this act of yours.. you'll see him like that forever." My father said to me in an angry tone.

"She left him right away when I told her about everything. I don't think she really loves him and it proves tha-"

"That's when you're too busy to talk to your son. Their relationship is deeper than you think. If you hear all the story, you will understand why she chose to leave him." I turned to my father disbelief.

"It's better for him not to be with her. She's ambitious like her father and I don't see she wants to be with Logan."

"Try to talk to him! Last time.. I talked to him, he's crying his heart out!" My father bursted angrily at me and I looked at Logan as he looked at his phone screen.

"Amanda is a good girl, she's not like Linnea who is wild and adventurous. But you want to see him marrying Linnea after all the scandal that she's causing." My father added and I sighed.

"He's like this because I bet Amanda asked him too. I talked to Amanda before so I know that she will force him to be King instead of giving up the throne."

"He needs to consider the people not only because he loves that girl." I said coldly as I put my hands into my pocket.

"Besides.. if they really want to be together, she should give up her position as the director of Estelle's company. Logan can't leave the throne so she has to sacrifice her position." I added.

"It takes two to tango. If he wants to give up his throne, let him be." I turned to my father disbelief.

"Do you hear yourself? Then who will continue the throne?"

"You're still young, my son. You still can rule until 80 maybe 90 like our beloved Queen Elizabeth."

"So you're willing to let him go? Just like that? He wanted to be King, that's his dream ever since he was little!" I bursted and my father pointed at Logan. I turned my head and he was wiping his eyes.

"For him, none of this matters anymore. He will listen to everything you say like a robot and you will see live his life without emotions. My heart can't bare to see that, my son. If you're not willing to let him go, I will find a way to let him go whether you like it or not." My father said and he walked back into the palace.

I decided to make my way towards the garden. Logan was aware of my presence that he quickly sat up straight and put his phone back into his pocket.

"How's your study today?" I asked as I sat down beside him.

"It was okay, father." He answered as he looked up to the sky.

"Today is a beautiful day, don't you think?" I asked.

"Yes, it is. Have you eat your lunch?" He asked me back.

"Yes, how about you?"

"I don't have any appetite."

"When will you cook for me again?" I asked and he turned to me.

"I'm not in the mood to cook or bake these days." He used to cook and bake everytime Amanda comes to Denmark. He will bake tons of croissant for everyone and I always love it when he does that.

"It's been a long time since we rode on our horses. How about we-"

"I have things to do later on, father. Maybe we can do it next time." He rejected me. My father has a point, he does listen to everything I said. Logan didn't turn into a rude boy or rebel boy even though he knew that I was the one who caused Amanda to leave. What did Amanda tell him in New York? I'm curious.

"Linnea will be back from Norway in 5 months, after that you two will prepare the wedding."

"Yes, father." He nodded.

"Are you being like this just because Amanda left you? You should grow up, Logan. Love isn't everything." I asked.

"You should thank her, father. She made me comeback here and force me to take that throne." He turned to me looking at me coldly.

"If one day.. one day, my life starting go down.. I will blame it on you, father." He said as he got up from the bench. He looked at me and sighed.

"She's everything to me and you just took it away. I can't see myself marrying someone else but her. If you want me to marry Linnea, I will but don't expect me to have a child or to be happy with my wife." Logan said in a serious, cold and sad tone. His words shut me down and he closed his eyes as he let out a deep sigh.

"I hope that you're happy, father. I'm already in pain seeing her leaving me so please don't talk about this anymore. I'm done with my life." He added and he walked away.

I sighed and I looked at him walking away..