Five

3rd person POV:

The witches are in the mausoleum, talking. Amelia and Hayley were waiting with them off to the side. The witches were confused who Amelia was and why she was there but Sophie just ignored their questions about her. She was determined to keep her a secret, she could possible use her as leverage in the future. 

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done," Sophie informed the witches trying to convince them that what she had done was the right move. 

"And the solution is to bring in more vampires?" Agnes asked in disbelief.

"These aren't just any vampires, Agnes. They're the Originals," Sophie pointed out.

"What makes you think you can control the hybrid?" Agnes asked again. 

"She can't," The witches part to reveal Elijah standing behind them, leaning on the wall. "I'm not entirely certain that I can, either. But now that your coven has drawn his ire, I have a question: What prevents my brother from murdering you instead of cooperating?" Sophie takes a needle and shows it to the Original. She sticks the needle into her hand.

"Ow!" Hayley cried from the side of the room. Amelia looked to her in concern and when Hayley showed them the blood Amelia shot Sophie a murderous look. Elijah looks at her in bewilderment. "What the hell!?"

"The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed? It didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Hayley. So anything that happens to me, happens to her, which means her life is in my hands. Klaus may not care about his own child, but it's very clear what it already means to you. If I have to hurt Hayley – or worse – to ensure that I have your attention, I will," Sophie threatened again. Amelia was finally done with Sophie Deveraux. Before she could attack her, Hayley grabbed her arm and held her back. She shook her head, silently telling her best friend not to do anything. Amelia was not happy with it but she relaxed and went back to just scowling at the brunette witch. Elijah is slightly amused, as he stands there in the middle of the room. He saw the interaction between Amelia and Hayley and couldn't help but notice that their friendship was pure, and real. He also was starting to notice the similarities between Amelia and Ameliana. However, at that particular moment in time he was more worried about Hayley than he was about the mysterious brunette next to her. 

"You would dare threaten an Original?" Elijah asked incredulously.

"I have nothing to lose," Sophie informed him confidently. The grin disappears from Elijah's face. "You have until midnight to get Klaus to change his mind." Elijah turned around and walked out, but something told Amelia that convincing Klaus to cooperate would not be easy. 

***

It had been a few hours since Elijah had left the cemetery and Amelia and Hayley were both growing anxious. Amelia had tried to leave to try and help but the witches would not let her leave. She was now their prisoner. She and Hayley share a look when the church clock starts tolling. 

"His time is up. What're you gonna do now, Sophie?" Agnes asked her. Amelia and Hayley were in the back of the space out of view and the witches appeared to forget that they were there.

"I'm gonna do what I said was gonna do," Sophie informed. 

What, kill the girl? Kill yourself?" Sabine asked.

"Klaus does not care about the child," Agnes said shaking her head. She doubted that Sophie's plan would work. 

"I do," Elijah said. Again the witches parted to reveal the suited Original walking forward. However, this time he had a body wrapped in a cloth, in his arms. "And I bring proof of my intent to help you. The body of your fallen friend, which I procured from Marcel himself."