2

>*4 years later*<

I slam the shot glass down.

"Happy 22nd birthday to me."

I mumble before signaling for another one.
I'm sitting in my favorite bar on my birthday all alone because I have no friends. It's been 4 years since I left home. In these 4 years I've attended college and graduated and I start teaching in a week.

Oh and my grandparents died and I got everything. Literally everything. My mom got nothing even though she sucked up to them for years. So in 4 years I have become a lonely rich single 22 year old lesbian. Sounds like a life hey.

"Amy, that very fine young man over there sent this over." I look at Mikey, the bartender to see some fruity drink. I look over at the man and smile. He is handsome but I'm gay. He gets up and starts walking towards me. No. No. No. I need to leave. I pay for my tab and get up to leave.
I'm almost at the door when I check my phone and bump into someone.
"I'm so sorry, I wasn't-" I stop and stare at the woman I just bumped into. She's breathtakingly gorgeous. Her eyes. I could get lost in those eyes. She chuckles and it's like an angel has blessed my ears.

"It's okay. I wasn't looking either. I'm Brooke, Brooke Wilson."
"It's n-nice to m-meet you." why am I stuttering.

"I'm Amy, Amy Johnson." I say staring at her.

"Chill don't be nervous. Nice to meet you. So I'm truly sorry about that. Can I buy you a drink to make it up to you?" I nod and we make our way back to the bar.

"Well the birthday girl is back. That guy left to find you, guess he wasn't successful."

"Come on Mikey, you know I don't play for that team" I say laughing with him.

"What's this I hear of a birthday girl? It's your birthday?" I nod "Well Mikey, get her whatever she wants and put it on this." she hands him her credit card and turns to me. She gives me a tight hug and says "Happy birthday."
"Thanks. I'll have a beer. Thanks Mikey"
"So Amy, tell me about you."

"Well I turned 22 today. I'm a teacher at the high school about 10 minutes away. I actually start on Monday and today I can't get drunk because I drove here."

"Interesting life. And get drunk, just give me your keys. I'll drive you home and call an Uber." I nod and she gets us shots.

---

"And that's the last." I said as I slammed the glass down. I can't take any more alcohol. I decided to do what Brooke suggested. I got shit face drunk and she is still sober. "Here's the keys to my baby, take me home please. Bye Mikey." I dragged out the 'please' and my words came out a little slurred.

"Come on, let's go." I follow her to the door and show her my baby. A black audi TT RS 2019 edition. It was an early birthday present from my sister. She saved for years for a present and we split it so I have my baby.
"This is a nice car. You rich or something?"
"Something like that. My address is in the GPS." She puts me in the passenger seat and I fall asleep.

---

"Amy, we're here. Wake up." I feel her shaking me slightly.

"I'm up." I open the door to get up but end up falling on my ass, and like the drunk idiot I am, I laugh.

"Oh my God, are you okay? I should have helped." she helps me up and we start towards the door.

"It's okay. My room is the first door on the right upstairs." she doesn't say anything but I know she's gawking at my house. My grandad owned a house about 15 minutes from the school. When he died I got it and I was able to move out of the shitty apartment I lived in before.