15

Chrisy is picking us up. She's running late so I decided to take the girls out to lunch at the airport while we wait. I ordered a burger for Chrisy for later. If she's angry the food will calm her. And that is my sister. As I finish my food I get a text.

Chrisy: Come out. I'm here.
Me: On our way.
Chrisy: See ya soon.

"She's here. Let's go." I dropped a hundred. Our bill was probably only 40 combined but I don't care. I'm nervous about this meeting with my parents. Brooke was the only one who noticed though. I was way ahead of the sisters. I had my bag and Brookes so she had to carry the food. I was almost at the exit when someone grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.
"Babe. Chill. You're practically running. Those of us fat and unfit people can't keep up."
"I'm sorry. Just nervous. And you are not fat. You are the sexiest person I know."
"Okay. Breathe okay?"
"Alright."
"I see your sister. Let's go."

"Any idea why after 4 years our parents want to see me?"
"None."
"Okay. When's the dinner?"
"I told them you come tomorrow night so the day after tomorrow. 2 days. You welcome."
"Thanks you really are the best."
"Alright so am I taking you to the great grandparents?"
"Yip. Remember the way?"
"I was there when the grandparents died. Mum and dad thought they got the house. I laughed my ass off when the will said you got it."
I wasn't there when they read the will. I sent my lawyer because I didn't want to see my parents. Apparently they were shocked to see that everything came to me. My parents spent years sucking up to them and I got everything. Ironic right.

"Alright our room is upstairs, last door straight ahead. Bev your room is the first one on the left. This place has everything. A gym, library, game room, living room, kitchen, study, dining hall, 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and a master bedroom, indoor and outdoor pool. The rooms are huge so there's space. If you get lost, don't. Now I need to meet someone with Chrisy. You guys can get settled."

"So mum and dad ruined your plans?"
"Yip."
"So we going ring shopping?"
"Yes. Promise ring shopping."

We pull up to the jewelry store. We took a cab so that there's a car at home. I'm wearing sweats that has a hole in it. And my shirt is stained. To be honest I look like a someone who just became homeless, not a millionaire.
" You ready big sis?"
" Yes."
"Let's do this."

We walked to the door and the security guard was hesitant to let us in but he did.
As soon as we were in someone came to help us.
"Hi I'm Val and I'll be assisting you. What can I help you with?" she was talking to Chrisy, not me.
"Actually I'm looking for a ring."
"I'm sorry but I don't think we are in your price range. We are a high end store. Our jewelry is too expensive for you." wow attitude much.
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."
"Alright. Do you have a cellphone?" she nods.
"Can you do me a favor and Google 'Amy Johnson'?"
"Sure." we watched her and it was hilarious seeing her face drop.
"I'm sorry ma'am. What kind of ring? Wedding? Engagement?"
"Promise ring. It's fine just a piece of advice, treat everyone the same. You don't know them so treat everyone with respect and equality."
"Alright. Come this way." I followed her to the counter.
"Tell me about whoever you buying the ring for."
"It's for my girlfriend. She's the most amazing person I know. We've been dating less than a year but I know she's the one. Every time she touches me my skin feels like it's on fire. Every kiss erupts a volcano of butterflies in my tummy. Every kiss is exactly like the first. She is the best thing that had ever happened to me and I love her so much."
"Are you sure you don't want an engagement ring?"
"Yes. Too soon."
"Alright. So what's your price range?"
"uhm actually show us the most expensive rings. My girl deserves the best."
"Okay."

I chose a simple white gold ring with diamonds set into it. It came in a set so we both had one. It was $5000. I also chose gold earrings for Bev and Chrisy and a diamond set for Brooke. It came to $45k total but I was prepared to spend way more on her.

"When you gonna do it?"
"Tomorrow."
"It would be hilarious to do it at dinner."
"It would. I'm gonna do it at 1 and we'll leave at 4."
"Sounds like a plan."

We pull up to the house and Chrisy pays the driver and we go in.
"Took you long enough."
"We brought dinner."
"Thanks babe."
"No problem. It took long cause we couldn't decide on what to eat and then the line was huge."
"It's okay. As long as we have food right?"
"Absolutely."
"Let's dig in."
"When's this dinner with your parents?"
"Tomorrow night. Chrisy told them we getting in tonight. Bev you have to come."
"Uh do I have to?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"You and your sister are now my family. Plus I can't die alone tomorrow."
"Fine. But you owe me."
"How bout we go get your car. We'll head back to DC, just the two of us, you can choose it and we'll come back the same day?"
"Fine."
Dinner was great. The food was amazing. Brooke and I decided to go and play some games in the game room. She's currently kicking my ass at pool.
"How did we get so lucky? From barely having food to survive and an abusive girlfriend, to you. This amazing soul who loves me and my sister unconditionally with all out baggage."
"You deserve so much more than I can give you darling." I kissed her and I put all my love into it.
"Now let's finish this game. I'm tired of losing."
We finish up and go to our room. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Promise ring

Earrings

Jewelry set

Jewelry set