Chapter 1- Adopted

Hey guys, Please read my story and give me some feedback! This is White Tiger!

Stryder

Picture of Benina on the side >>>

White Tiger Copyright © Stryder Sweetman 2012 All Rights Reserved. No part of this literary work may be reproduced or used without written consent from the author.

COPYRIGHT: This story, "White Tiger" including all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (Stryder Sweetman) and any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Punishments include but are not limited to:

A fine of up to $150,000 for each work infringed.

Infringer pays for all attorney's fees and court costs.

The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringing acts.

The Court can impound the illegal works.

The infringer can go to jail.

Thank you,

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

I climbed off of the school bus and trudged toward the gates of St. Maxis High School. I felt dread wash over me, as like any other teenager; I didn’t want to be there.

Like most teens, I felt the disappointment toward the schoolwork, excitement toward seeing my friends, and the secret anticipation to learn something new and interesting. The happier feelings were outweighed by the sad, as it was not a good day for me.

It was my sixteenth birthday.

Though most teenagers would be excited at the prospect of maturity, I was disappointed, as I felt I had few people to spend it with.

You see, I was orphaned at eleven months old, dropped on the door step of an orphanage with a scribbled note and tossed from foster family to foster family constantly throughout my life. My latest home was with two newly-weds whom were barely a decade my senior. Sonya and Phillip Vancadzow were a young couple only interested in trying to spite fate.

Sonya and Phil had a miscarriage just months after their marriage, and the couple found comfort in their alcoholism and substance abuse. The two had felt the need to best fate, and so they had cleaned up their act briefly, and then registered in various adoption agencies.

The two of them only lasted long enough to make it through the background checks, before they had fallen back in to their bad habits.

They spent months deliberating over which child to adopt, ensuring that said child met all of their criteria. The couple wanted an heir attractive enough for them to boast about, clever enough to self-support, and shy enough to stand down when they wanted something.

In their drug-induced haze, I had fit all criteria.

I was pretty- maybe even beautiful- with silver hair reaching my waist, bright green eyes, and tanned skin. With curves in all the right places and a kind aura, I fit the level of attractiveness they had required.