¹⁰

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

CHAPTER 10: SLEEPING NEXT TO A MAN!

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
ARIANA
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

"Follow me," Jaxon said to me as he cautiously heads for the door. I followed carefully behind him and we manage to reach the door where the short cut to leave his house was.

We both entered and locked the door before heading down a few flights of chairs and before you know it, we have exited the house.

Sighing in relief, I followed after him as he walked to the direction of his car but what surprised us was that there was someone standing there...with a gun.

"f**k!" Jaxon swore as he placed me behind him and began walking towards the armed man, who was now staring at us and was also pointing his gun in our direction.

"What are we gonna do?" I whispered from behind him. My heart was beating fast against my chest as we approached the man and for some reason, I don't know why he hasn't shot us as yet. I was really terrified as I thought of all the impossible ways we can escape, but as I said, impossible.

"Just trust me and stay behind" he answered my question as he continued t approach the man while I frightenly followed behind him. I really don't know why he's still walking towards that man. Is he not scares that he'll get shot? That's he'll die?

"Marcus" he suddenly spoke, greeting the man that we were now standing in front of.

"Jaxon. Long time no see" The man replied, lowering his gun a little.

"So, what are you doing here? Let me guess, Lorenzo send you here to kill me, huh?" he asked the man as he folds his arms. He looked so calm as if he wasn't scared of death.

The guy, whose name is Marcus, sigh, clenching his jaw. "You know you f**k this up for yourself?! Why did you ever leave and thought you can run away from Lorenzo?"

Jaxon let out a breath, running his fingers through his hair. "Look, I wanted to change okay? I'm tired of doing the sh*t that you guys are doing! I was fed up with killing innocent lives and working for a man who doesn't give two sh*t about others. He's just using you to do his job and when you're stuck in deep sh*t, he leaves you there to die! So yes, I do know I've f**ked it up for myself but I'd rather die doing good than die being an evil person who takes innocent lives!"

Okay, he went really off on that dude...I wasn't expecting any of what he said to come out of his mouth.

It turns out Jaxon isn't really of a bad person. He left his job to start over and now Lorena or whatever his name is, is sending his men to kill him.