²⁴

•• ━━ ••●•• ━━ ••

CHAPTER 24: MY WOMAN

•• ━━ ••●•• ━━ ••
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
J A X O N
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

Previously on In The Arms of Danger...

Sighing again, I pinched the bridge of my nose and as I said, "Where the f*ck will I find a date to go with me to a party in an hour!?"

"I can go with you" someone replied to the question I didn't know I said out loud.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Is she talking to me?

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, looking at her as if she was crazy.

"What? Can't I go with you?" she asked, frowning and I sigh.

Of course, I knew there was Ariana. She's someone that can attend the party with me but no, she is not going to because it's too dangerous.

"No, you can't and you're not" I concluded and this was my final decision. We were not going to go back and forth arguing about this...but of course, she said something that made me had to rethink my final decision.

"So then tell me, Mr. Black, where are you gonna find another woman to attend a party with you in less than an hour?" She folded her arms and leaned on the door frame, waiting to hear my answer and for some reason, her calling me by my last name sound so...sexy.

What is wrong with me?!

But she is kinda right. I mean where am I gonna find a woman at this time to attend a party with me?

I know of none...except Ariana and this party is very important to me because I need to find the answers I've been looking for years BUT I don't want her to come with me because it's way too dangerous there.

God, what do I do?

"I...will find someone and it won't be you. You're staying here where it's safe--"

"And are you that sure you'll find someone else? You know time is ticking Mr. Black...who knows how long it may take for you to find someone that will be willing to attend this party with you?" she cut me off, asking.

I mean she does have a point...But why does she want to go? Isn't she afraid?

"And you're aware that I did mention this is dangerous, right? These people are bosses of dangerous gangs from around the world. There may have guns, there may be fights...brutal fights and....dead bodies. You are aware, right?"