⁴⁵

•• ━━ ••●•• ━━ ••

CHAPTER 45: IT'S OKAY, I'M HERE

•• ━━ ••●•• ━━ ••
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
J A X O N
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

A happy look was on her face after she pulled away.

I felt my face heat up because of this and cleared my throat, trying to act normal, as if I'm not affected by this.

"Come, sleep now" I said patting the side of the bed next to me for her to lay down but instead of laying there, She sends a smile at me and rests her head on my chest.

A surprised look had once again returned to my face because of her actions but I quickly shook it off, clearing my throat again.

We stayed like that for almost half an hour. I exhale when she was still for a while now and her breathing had slowed down which told me she had fallen asleep.

Now that she was asleep, I thought the position we were in wasn't that comfortable so I proceed to move so we both could be comfortable but doing had woke her up.

She groans, slowly pulling her head out of my chest and brought her eyes to mine. "Jaxon-" she began but I cut her off.

I wanted to bang my head against a wall for waking her up!

"Shh! Go back to sleep. It's okay" I began to gently tap her back in an attempt to put her back to sleep and surprisingly it worked.

She lets out an exhausted breath and nuzzled into my chest again. The place fell into silence again as she slowly began to fall asleep and when I thought she was, that was when she suddenly opened her mouth and spoke.

"Jaxon..." she called my name in a sleepy voice and I hummed in response to her call.

"Please....don't ignore me again..." her sleepy voice trailed off. It sounded like she was half asleep when she was talking and that's when I've realized what I did.

Sh*t!

I was ignoring her all this time! Wasn't I?

I really didn't mean it though. I was just so focused on having as much background information on Alexander that I literally f**king forget about her!

F**k!

I pinched the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes with a sigh. Reopening them, I pulled her closer to me and brought my hands to her hair. "I won't"