³¹

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

CHAPTER 31: WORRIED

CHAPTER 31: WORRIED

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
ARIANA
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

There stood Jaxon.

He looked a little hurt since dried blood was on the side of his face and the corner of his mouth was bleeding again.

My eyes stuck to him as he steps over the dead body, quickly making his way over to me. He had now stood before me, hands of his raising to touch my face but I flinched before his hand has come into contact with me.

My eyes shifted to his, a worries look was plastered onto his face as he opened his mouth to ask me something, A question I already knew.

"Are--"

"I'm okay" I interrupted, my eyes shifting to the floor. It was a lie, I wasn't okay. My face was in a lot of pain from the punch, the now dead guy, had given me and the roots of my hair hurts as well but I lied. I lied because I didn't want him to bother and...for once I wanted to show him that I was strong enough to take a punch....maybe even a beaten.

I mean if I cry for just getting a punch in the face and dragged by my hair then what will I do when I go on the mission with Jason and worse happens?

I know I did cry but I have stopped. I had dried my tears and now, I'm going to be strong so Jaxon won't think I'm weak and so, I can go on this mission with him.

"We should get going then. A few more of Lorenzo men will be up to here in the next five minutes or so, so let's not delay" his voice had brought me out of my thoughts and I shifted my gaze to him, his eyes were still on mine. He took a breath of relief after I told him I was okay but his eyes showed otherwise and I'm a little worried that I haven't fully convinced him with my lies.

"Come on" he spoke once more. His back turns against me as he left the bathroom and I quickly followed behind.

I placed a hand over my mouth, my eyes widen in for a moment when we had entered the living room. Dead bodies were scattered across the floor with blood gushing out of them, staining the white carpets.

I squirmed feeling sick in my stomach. I shifted my gaze back to him as he grabs both of our suitcases that were thankfully packed and another one that held a few more of his guns.

He grabbed his car keys that laid on the floor, next to a piece of broken glass then his cell phone that laid a few feet away from his keys. The screen of the phone was cracked a little.