Chapter 38 - Run Iris, Run

MacKenzie's POV

Iris superspeeds around the speedlab

Her lightning is purple

She skids to a stop

"This is amazing." Iris says with a huge smile

"Yeah, it is." Barry says

"Well, I've run every test I can think of." Caitlin says, walking in. "EKG, cellular regression synthesis, brain chemistry, and dark matter confirms it. Iris is a speedster."

"So, what about Barry?" Joe asks from next to me

"Um..." Caitlin trails off. "Everything that was a part of you... your speed, connection to the Speed Force, the dark matter... It's... all a part of Iris now."

"Can you..." Barry starts

"Reverse it?" Caitlin completes for him. "I don't know. I can try."

"So, Matthew Kim isn't just removing DNA." Joe says. "He's transferring it to anybody he touches."

"He's not getting rid of metas." Ralph says. "He's creating new ones."

"Well, that's not the only thing." Cisco says. "Guess who's got an apartment just a block away from the 405 bus line and rides it every day to get to work?"

"So Matthew is our bus meta, not Fry." Iris says. "Which means that DeVoe is gonna come after him sooner or later."

"And if DeVoe gets Matthew's abilities, he could take away all our powers." Barry says

"Unless we get him on our side first." Joe says. "Then he can remove the meta DNA from DeVoe."

"Could that work?" Ralph asks, looking to Caitlin

"I mean, yeah." Caitlin says. "It could. As best I can tell, Matthew's abilities work by melting down the highly concentrated bonds between DNA. That makes them totally pliable so he can extract them and infuse somebody else with the exact same meta DNA."

"Melting highly concentrated bonds." Cisco says, thinking out loud. "Melting Point. Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. I gotta write that down."

"Okay, great, so you guys figure out how to get this Mr. Melting Point in the same room as DeVoe and not get his brains sucked out." Ralph says. "I'm gonna go get a couple of bear claws and go back to my room."

"It's not Mr. Melting Point." Cisco says. "Look, it's just Melting Point."

Him and Ralph leave

"You know, somebody out there has Fry's fire powers right now." Barry says. "We need to find them as much as we need to find Matthew."

"I'm on it." Joe says

"And I'll see if there's a way to reverse this." Caitlin says, walking out with Joe

It's just me, Iris, and Barry in the room now

"Well... Until then, what do we do?" Iris asks

"We train." Barry says

"Okay." Iris says

***

Barry watches as Iris speeds on the treadmill, her purple lightning lighting up the room

I scan the computer, watching her stats

"Barry." I say with a surprised smile as I point to her speed

"She can move." Barry breathes out, just as surprised

"This is awesome." I say

"It's about to get a little less awesome." Barry says