Chapter 23

Maya pov:

I surprisingly woke up at 5 today morning. Yeah, I couldn't sleep cause a certain someone kept disturbing my thoughts. I took a shower as soon as I woke up and completed my pending assignments till 7. Now I'm sitting in the dining room munching on my apple and scrolling through my phone.

"Well...... someone is up early" Jax's voice booms behind me.

"I had to complete my assignments." I tell half of the truth. He hummed in response and takes a seat next to me.

"So how are things?" Jax asked, in a casual tone.

"All fine" I nodded and he hummed again.

"You know if there is anything you can tell me right? I mean I'm your big brother. " Jax asked.

"Jaxy....if you are asking that if I have a boyfriend then your answer is no." I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't ask that. Then what about that Brian guy." He seemed curious. I was speechless cause I didn't know what to answer him.

"What about him?" I asked, looking up from my phone.

"You guys seemed too close yesterday." Jax shrugged.

"I just cleaned his wounds Jax. Calm down" I snorted.

"The chemistry between you two is undeniable May.." Jax looked at me with an emotion flashing through his eyes.

"What do you mean Jax? We are fighting now and aren't talking with each other." I explained

"Oh okay" Jax agreed with disbelief screaming all over his face. Then I heard him mumble something which I couldn't catch.

I looked at the time, it was 7:45 am. I decided to leave for school and escape the awkward talk between Jax and I.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go now.  Tell Sam I already left. I'm taking my motorcycle." I informed Jax and he nodded.

"Kay' see you later" He sighed and I kissed his cheek before he did the same. I left without another word.

*********************************************************************************

I reached pretty fast and the school was silent, which made it obvious that I was the only person in here. I looked around to see if anyone had come and found no one. I sighed and made my  way to my first class which was math. I entered the classroom and expected it to be empty. My assumption was right. I slowly walked towards my seat and sat on the chair and slumped.

I was feeling drowsy after sometime. Result of waking up early. Suddenly I heard footsteps and my body stiffened. Hoping that he or she will not come into this class but my prayer was ignored.

Someone entered and I looked up. It was a guy. He had jet black hair, green eyes, was pretty tall and had some muscles. In short, I had never seen this man before but he looked pretty good. But not better than Brian.

Why you comparing him to Brian!?

"Oh shit sorry, I didn't know someone would be here at this time." He apologized.

"Why are you asking sorry? It isn't private property." I gave a small smile.

"Oh well fine then." He walked towards me and took a seat in front of me. I straightened my posture and looked at him.

"Are you new here?" I tilted my head in confusion if he was here before or not.

"Yeah I'm new. Today is my second day." He explained and I nodded.