chapter 35

Maya's pov:

"Why are we going back to the club? Shouldn't we be in the hospital?" I asked, in concern.

"Damon got shot, baby. The hospital would call the cops. We have our own ward in the club." Brian told as he drove past all those vehicles.

I noticed his knuckles were white as he clutched on to the steering wheel.

I placed my hand on his bicep and he visibly relaxed.

"Hey, It will be alright. Damon is obviously a stubborn ass. He will get better." I comforted and he sighed as his arms relaxed.

"Will also was injured." Brian admitted and my eyes widened.

"What?" I asked.

"He was going back home along with Damon and Harper. They dropped Harper home and were on their way to theirs when few men from our rivals came and attacked." Brian informed and I took time in processing what he just said.

"Shit! I'm sorry. I should've known you would not take it lightly-" 

"It's alright, pumpkin. Just need some time to get used to it." I gave him a weak smile.

******************************************************************************

"How is he?" Brian grabbed Dylan's shoulder.

"The doctors are taking the bullet out. The bullet hit his right arm." Dylan sighed.

"Well..... What about Will?" I asked. Dylan looked at me.

"He didn't get shot but he has bruises on his face and some other places. But I gotta say that I'm surprised. He fought back too. He is the one who got Damon here on time." Dylan told.

"What did you expect from a kickboxing champ?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"He is a kickboxing champ?" Brian furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, why else would he ask for joining the gang?" I retorted.

"Whoa!" Dylan shook his head.

"Dimple, call Sam and inform him about the attack and tell that there is an emergency meeting in an hour. Dylan, inform the members and check all the shipments which where supposed to happen today. Do a security check on all the properties too." Brian commanded and Dylan immediately nodded before going.

I took out my phone and called Sam. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Maya? What the hell is the time? Is everything okay?" Sam groaned.

"No Sam, Damon and William got attacked. Damon got shot." I sighed.

"What the fuck? H-how is William? Did he get shot? Oh my-"

"Sam... Sam... calm down. William is not shot but he is slightly injured, okay?" I tried to calm my brother down.

"I'm on my way." He cut the call and I raised an eyebrow as I stared at the phone screen.

"What happened?" Brian asked.

"I just told that Damon got shot and William got hurt. he told he is on his way." I smirked and looked at Brian.

"He's got a thing for the newbie, doesn't he?" Brian shook his head.

"He sure does." I nodded.

"I'm gonna meet William." I told and wen into the room where Willy was.

I walked in and found Willy sitting, lazily on the couch with a plaster on his forehead, some on his arm and few bruises on his cheek.

"Quite the saviour, huh?" I gave a small smile as I made my way to the couch and plopped next to him.