Chapter three- Detention and Unexpected People [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

Oh shit shit. God please don't let him be there when I reach. I promise I'll do anything. I'll go to church, I'll donate to those in need, I'll even shave all my hair for cancer patients. Wait no, that's a little too much.

I enter the class and see him sitting there, looking sexy as ever. He sees me and glares at me.

"You are late, again. I thought I told you not to be late" he growls out.

"I'm so sorry Sir. I actually forgot I had detention" I say lamely.

"You forgot? What the fuck were you doing?"

My eyes widen and it's not because of his tone, or the fact that he just cursed, but because of how he looked doing it.

Man I have got to stop thinking like this. He's my teacher for crying out loud.

He keeps looking at me expectantly, and that's when I remember, he asked me a question.

"I was on my way home with a friend" I say and lower my head.

He sighs and asks me to clean up the class for being late. I leave the class to get cleaning supplies.

At least he asked me to clean the class and not the cafeteria or gym.

I head back to class and start cleaning. After an hour and a half, everything in the class is clean. I turn to tell Mr Xavier that I'm done when I find him staring at me. I clear my throat to get his attention and he's eyes snap to mine.

"I'm done Sir. Can I leave?" I ask already packing my things.

"Not yet. I've got a question" he says and I stop what I'm doing and face him again.

"Who were you going home with?" he asks and I release the breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"My best friend, Ryan. He lives a block away from me so I always drop him off Sir" I say

"It's Jake" he says and I look at him confused.

"Pardon me sir but I don't_" i begin to say but he cuts me off

"I want you to call me by my name when no one is around" he clarifies.

"Ok then, Jake," I say loving the way his name rolls from my lips.

"Can I leave now?" I asked and he nods and I leave the class and head straight home.

Things just keep getting weirder and weirder.

I look at the time and my eyes widen. I'm going to be late if I don't hurry up. Mr black, the owner of Serpents, is not going to be happy if I'm late again.

Ugghhh fuck my life

I speed home and change my clothes before I run out again and speed to Serpents. When I get there, there's no parking space .

Someone up there must hate me a lot.

I decide to go back and park a block away and run to the club on foot. By the time I reach there, it's 7 p.m.

Oh shit shit shit shit. My shift started an hour ago!!!

I run to the DJ stand and see a boy there. I head towards him and ask him what he's doing there and he tells me he just got hired to be the DJ.

This is bad, this is really bad. Like when you eat a rotten tomato by accident bad. I am so not leaving with my job tonight.

I head to Mr Black's office and poke my head inside.

"Come in Scarlett" he says and I gulp. He called me Scarlett, not scar. This is bad.

"Where have you been? Your shift started an hour ago." he says in a calm voice, but I know him, he's anything but calm right now.

"I am so sorry Mr black. I was stuck in detention. I promise it won't happen again" I say with pleading eyes.

"You are right, it won't happen again. I'm sorry Scar, but I can't keep you here if you're always going to be late. Do you have any idea what would have happened if I didn't find Junior, the club would have lost one of it's best clients." He says

"I know, I know Mr Black, it's just a once in a blue moon thing. It won't happen_" I begin but he cuts me off.

"But that's the thing Scarlett. You always say this, and on your next shift, you come late again. Once again Scar, I truly am sorry but you lost your job." He says sympathetically.

I nod my head with tears in my eyes and leave his office. I head to the bar and see Tom, a friend and ask for 6 shots.

"Bad day?" he asks as I take one shot. The alcohol burns my throat and I nod.

"You have no idea. I just lost my job" I say downing the second and third shot.

"He fired you? Must really be in a bad mood then" he says and a humorless chuckle escapes my lips.

"You have no idea" I say and down the fourth and fifth shot. By now, the room is spinning and my words are slurred and I'm giggling at everything. I turn on the bar stool and see the cause of my problem, Mr Xavier. I down the last shot and head towards him and see him talking to a really blonde chick.

"Hello Mr. Xavier. I didn't beg you as a strip club type of guy" I say and giggle at the end.

He turns and his eyes widen when he sees me.

"Scarlett? What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I work here. Well used to you work here." I say.

"You're a stripper?" he asks and I roll my eyes.

"I'm the DJ, not a stripper. But now, thanks to you, I lost my job today. Thank you very much, Mr. Xavier" I say, and turn to leave.

He rolls his eyes and scoffs.

"It's not my fault you're so careless and forgetful. If you actually get to places on time, you wouldn't have lost your job" he says and I turn to to do something I never thought I could do.

No I didn't kiss him. I slapped him, really hard