Chapter Fifteen - Fun With Chad [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

I wake up with a pounding headache.

Ughhhh, my head hurts. I have got to stop fainting all the time.

Pft, you can try, inner me says, making her presence known once again.

You lying traitorous bitch! Where the fuck did you disappear to? I ask, remembering how she just left after giving me shitty advice.

That's none of your business, she fires back.

Did you just say that to me?, i ask her.

Yes i did. Deal with it, she says, sounding smug.

OK what is your problem? Do you have something against me? Can't you just be nice to me for once, just once. And where the hell were you last night huh. You give me a stupid idea and just vanish. Was that your plan all along, to get me killed?, I say having had enough of her shit. Inner me or not she needs to know her place.

I hear her sigh and say,

Look I don't have a problem with you,  I'm just trying my best to keep you alive. I'm sorry I disappeared last night, but I had to. I can't stay in the same place with him, she says.

Who? You mean Xavier?, I ask

Yes. His aura reeks of bad things. You need to stay away from him Scarlett. He's bad news, she says and with that, goes back to wherever she goes when she's not pestering me.

I finally take a look around and realize I'm back in my bedroom. Buy how? Last I remember I was in Mr Xavier's room. He showed me his demon.

Demon. My teacher is a fucking demon. Oh my God is he going to kill me now that I know his secret? He's going to kill me and no one would even notice.

The door opens and I shut my eyes and let out a scream.

"Please don't kill me" I beg.

"Scarlett? Are you OK?" The voice of Chad asks.

I open my eyes and see him standing at the foot of my bed looking worried.

"Chad? How did I get home?" I ask.

"Your teacher brought you back. He said you had passed put from inhaling too much dust" he says and I nod.

"How did you get in?" I ask

"Your parents let me in" he replies

"They're home?" I ask and he shakes his head no.

"They left a while ago. They said they had an important meeting to attend to but will be back on your birthday" he says.

"OK then, so what's up? What are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here." I say.

"Can't I visit my best friend in the whole world?" he asks with a smile on his face and I roll my eyes.

"Cut the crap Chad. What are you really doing here?" I ask.

He sighs and sits at the edge of my bed.

"Remember when you told me about the letters and gifts?", he asks and I nod.

"Well I came down here because I think you have a stalker and I'm here to make sure nothing happens to you" he says seriously.

"OK then, how long do you plan on staying? " I ask.

"Why, you've got guys coming over?" he asks with a smirk on his face and i hit him with the nearest thing which just happens to be a pillow.

He screams like a little girl and falls to the ground and I look at him then burst out laughing.

Oh how I've missed this dork.

He glares at me as he gets up and mummers some words under his breath and sits back on the bed.

"Aww, is wittle Whad sad", I say in my best baby voice.

He turns to the other direction with a pout and I burst out laughing again.

"Yeah yeah make fun of the vitcm of abuse", he says with a roll of his eyes.

"What day is it? " I ask when my laughter comes down.

"It's Friday" he says and my eyes widen.

"Oh shit its a school day", I say as I jump up and run to the bathroom to get ready for school.

I hear Chad laughing in my room and I curse him.

"Why didn't you wake me up you jerk?" I ask as I run back into the room to get change into decent clothes.

"Relax Scar, your teacher said you could have the day off" he says.

"So, I don't have to go to school today?" I ask just to be sure.

"Yes Scar you don't have to go to school today." he says slowly like he's talking to a child.

"So you watch me run around like my ass was on fire when you could've just told me when I got up", I ask in a low threatening voice.

The smile is wiped off his face when he sees the look I'm giving him.

"Come on Scar, let's not do anything we'll regret later", he says moving towards the door.

"Oh I won't regret anything, you on the other hand, well I can't say the same for you" I say and lunge for him.

He screams and runs out the door.

"Come back here you prick" I scream as I run after him.

"You'll never take me alive! " he screams back and runs into the kitchen.

I follow him in to the kitchen and see him hiding behind my dad.

"Woah, slow down there sport" dad says when he sees me run in.

"Dad? You're home?" I ask

"Apparently I am" he says.

"But Chad said you and mom had something important to take care of and wouldn't be back till my birthday" I say.

"Oh did he?" My dad says and turns around to look at a guilty looking Chad.

"Want to explain yourself?" I direct the question to Chad.

"I wanted to surprise you. So surprise!" He says with a sheepish smile, still hiding behind my dad.

"You have 10 seconds to run as fast as possible" I say and his eyes widen.

"Come on Scar don't do this. I'm your best friend!" He says.

"10" I start the countdown.

"Scarlett come on let's talk about this" he says.

"9"

"You might want to start running now son" my dad says and pats him on the back and leaves us alone.

"8"

He let's out a girl scream and starts running. I wait till the remaining seconds are up then I run after him.

"You better pray I don't get my hands on you otherwise I'll strangle the life out of you" I shout for him to hear.

I chase him around the house and we spend the whole day pranking each other and catching up. The day comes to an end and we end up cuddling each other on the sofa till we fall asleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys another chapter. Let me know what you think about it. Oh and don't forget to vote and comment.

XOXO

Rahina.