38| peaches

SO YEAH, SAM was right, it was appendicitis, how fun.

Ricky met us a few minutes after we got there, so they were able to check everything out as soon as they got could and decided that I needed to get my appendix removed.

Yay.

They pumped pain meds into me and I don't do great with those, so everything before I had the surgery is a little foggy, but waking up in a hospital bed with my entire family in the tiny room is even freakier than that.

"I'm hungry," I mumble, shifting in the bed a little.

"Oh, you're awake, how do you feel?" Ollie asks, sitting on the foot of the bed.

"Starving."

He shrugs and nods. "Fair enough."

"You only get to have liquids for a few hours, so what do you want to drink?" Park asks, and I drop my head back on the pillows, groaning loudly.

"I'm so fucking hungry, I don't want to drink, I want food."

"Usually I'd get you in trouble for swearing but I'm not sure you're even fully here." Ricky mumbles, watching me cautiously.

"She's never done well with pain meds, the poor kid goes so loopy," Ollie replies, nodding.

"Here, chocolate milk." Winn hands it to me and I just scrunch my nose up.

"I can't sit up."

"Oh, hold on," he laughs, setting the cup down on the tray and carefully pulling me into a sitting position.

"Do I have a super ugly scar?" I whine, sipping on the chocolate milk.

"No, it's really small actually, they did laparoscopic surgery instead of open surgery."

"I don't know what that means but it sounds scary." I nod, and Emmy snorts.

"Hey, where's Sam?" I set the cup back down, slapping Ollie's hands when he tries to help me lay down.

Doing it on my own, I tuck the blankets up next to my face, my eyelids heavy.

"He's in the waiting room, he's been there since he brought you here." Maya replies, and I nod, rubbing my eyes.

"How long has that been?"

"You got in here at like five-ish and it's like nine now."

"Did any of you let him in here or did he sit in the waiting room by himself for four hours?" I demand, and they don't even have the decency  to look sorry as they shake their heads.

"He wanted to stay." Ricky shrugs, and I glare at him.

"Tell him he can come in if he wants." I snap, and he just frowns, turning and leaving the room.

"Maya, I would've thought you were nice enough to at least let him in."

"I couldn't get Livs asleep for most of the time and she screamed the joint down until I whipped my boob out, I don't think Sam really wanted to be here for that." She replies, gently rocking a sleeping Livia.

I nod. "Fair enough."

I scoot over in the bed as soon as I see Sam walk into the room, and I motion for him to lay down with me.

He does as he's told, resting his head on the pillow and grabbing my hand, lacing our fingers.

"How do you feel?" He asks.

"Tired. Hungry but I can only have freaking liquids," I reply, glaring up at Winn at the last part.

"I didn't choose that." He puts his hands up innocently and I just pout.